Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Youngest Sheep Grand Slam

Buzz, believe it or not, none of my posts I've written apart from the ones on this thread have been directed towards you. Your comments made on unvaccinated people dying really snuffed out any respect I might have had for you. There's plenty of people on this site who go on guided hunts. And for someone like you to discredit a 13 year old is ridiculous. I'm sure you're 5x her age. Go back and read the first post I posted on this thread.

My motivations? I just defended a 13 year old and buzz's response was that my comment was dumb. Then he went on to say that I think a guided hunt is the same in difficulty as a DIY hunt - believe it or not, I never said that. Buzz and his 15k posts of nothingness can apparently put words in my mouth and his followers will file in right behind him instead of reading what I'm writing.

Well, you upped a thread from September, as to why you did that is the curious part to me. Whatever you and buzz and have went back fourth about since your first post in here I haven’t done more than skim.

Buzz, believe it or not, none of my posts I've written apart from the ones on this thread have been directed towards you. Your comments made on unvaccinated people dying really snuffed out any respect I might have had for you. There's plenty of people on this site who go on guided hunts. And for someone like you to discredit a 13 year old is ridiculous. I'm sure you're 5x her age. Go back and read the first post I posted on this thread.

My motivations? I just defended a 13 year old and buzz's response was that my comment was dumb. Then he went on to say that I think a guided hunt is the same in difficulty as a DIY hunt - believe it or not, I never said that. Buzz and his 15k posts of nothingness can apparently put words in my mouth and his followers will file in right behind him instead of reading what I'm writing.
I did read what you wrote in your first post on this thread.

You made some pretty broad strokes with that brush of yours, telling everyone what they needed to do, they all hate success, they all are lazy and don't make enough money, they couldn't physically do what a 13 year old girl did shooting some rams, and we all had to stick together and support it.

I disagree, and with gusto.

The 3 people I know who have grand slams have them from before the internet was popular. Each one of them did it for the adventure. I like to think the dad in this story enjoyed the adventure, and I'm assuming his daughter enjoyed the adventure also. I don't know the guy, but is he an influencer? Does he make videos or have a following? To my knowledge the guy in the article is just a dude who likes sheep hunting.
I don’t know anything about the guy in the story. What I said was just my opinion in an answer to DouglasR’s question. With regards to the man and his daughter hunting. I’m glad he is spending time with his daughter. How they choose to spend that time isn’t mine to decide. Like I said much earlier in this thread Adam Foss killed an archery slam at a pretty young age and he is a great advocate for the sport and still hunts. If she completely burns out after this and never hunts again she’s got some nice trophies and memories with her dad. Hunting means different things for each of us. How I would or wouldn’t do this doesn’t really factor into whether they should or shouldn’t do it. In thinking about something like this I can’t say I’ve ever even had enough money to even have the right to say I wouldn’t do it if I could so I don’t have a strong opinion about this situation in either direction.

Well team it's been a good run, why doesn't everyone take this unbridled sheep enthausim over to the RMBS website and buy some raffle tickets.

Well team it's been a good run, why doesn't everyone take this unbridled sheep enthausim over to the RMBS website and buy some raffle tickets.

I was told I'm too poor, and even if I got lucky, I probably couldn't climb up to where rams live.

Is the tag transferable to 13 year old's if I win?

Not sure how I missed this one, but I stumbled on the article today.

Couple of things...
1. Huge congrats to her. That's a goal for many people. Pretty cool she was able to get it done at her age.
2. Sheep hunting is expensive. Who cares if her dad bought her tags? If I had the money, I would certainly do it myself, then share the experience with my daughter if she desired to do so.
3. 75% of you probably couldn't deal with the physical nature of a sheep hunt.
4. None were DIY sheep hunts. Discount her success (This was you Buzz) all you want, but she's 13. Not sure what more you expect from her.
5. Some of y'all really hate people with money. It is a horrible look on you. Someone builds up a successful business and hunts and you act like they're bad people because they can afford a hunt you can't. Hunters are supposed to stick together.

I did read what you wrote in your first post on this thread.

You made some pretty broad strokes with that brush of yours, telling everyone what they needed to do, they all hate success, they all are lazy and don't make enough money, they couldn't physically do what a 13 year old girl did shooting some rams, and we all had to stick together and support it.

I disagree, and with gusto.
Okay, I'm ready to put the nail in this.

1. Where did I tell people what to do?
2. Did I say everyone hates their success? Read the first 3 words of #5 above.
3. I didn't say they were all lazy. I said 75% of you PROBABLY (adverb; as far as one knows or can tell.) couldn't deal with the physical nature of a sheep hunt.
4. Hunters are supposed to stick together. I don't know how else to say this. Hunters spend way too much time fighting amongst one another. You're the poster child for this issue. You complain about everything anyone does. Big picture wise, hunters all want to be able to hunt. Try focusing on that instead of coming up with things to complain about. I don't have any interest in trophy hunting on a private ranch. But to each their own.

Twist my words however you'd like. But what I said is quoted above. You should write article titles for a news network. You have a great way of blowing something out of proportion.

I was told I'm too poor, and even if I got lucky, I probably couldn't climb up to where rams live.

Is the tag transferable to 13 year old's if I win?
I know a thirteen year old who would probably be happy to take that off your hands. She would prefer a moose tag but I am sure she would not turn down a sheep tag. 😀

I think everyone should quit hunting elk and mule deer as nonresidents and save for guided sheep trips instead. Deer and elk are overrated.
Hunt... psssssh, guys baseball America's pastime. Who wants to pack moose, get out there, drink some beer and watch some roided out dudes smack the chit out of a ball.

WY hates you all anyway.

Hunt... psssssh, guys baseball America's pastime. Who wants to pack moose, get out there, drink some beer and watch some roided out dudes smack the chit out of a ball.
I tell the wife all the time you have any idea how much more money I'd have if I liked watching sports instead of hunting. I mean what would it cost...a bigger TV, NFL package, and some tortilla chips and shredded cheese. So like what $300 a year? But then your gay so there's that...

Both my children were able to hunt Coues as non-residents when they were 13, and that took some doing.
Surely if it were within my means, I would have taken them sheep hunting instead...
IMO, the level of difficulty first has to be measured against each child's interest in the sport, and as sportsman, I feel we are lucky to leverage some of our kids time away from technology. Just sayin.
Commence the sword fight

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back