You saw "Before," Here is "After"

Bugler:

Depends on who's score you go with. While caping him at the campground, the lowest guess any hunter gave me was 84. The highest being 86. In the field, I guessed 81 to 82. Was gonna shoot him no matter what, after climbing that mountain four straight mornings to check on him.

Had a Hunttalker score him when I got home, and he came up with 70+/- twelve inches.

A UT guy who submits pictures to the Eastman's Journal scored him and came up with 98+ change, as his minimum. He wanted field photos so he could photoshop it and put his gumbo mudder reunion pictures in the background, making it look like they were all huntin'.

Had an official B&C scorer go through the process, and he came to a net of 80 0/8, exactly, after the 60 day drying period. A few symmetry problems, slightly above average mass, and the fact that his prongs are so low on the horn reduces the circumeference measurements, and his net score.

On the character and coolness scale, he is definitely B&C.

Moral of the story.

1) If you aren't gonna have him officially measured, have an Eastman's subscriber from UT, give you his estimates, and don't look back. Take it as the gospel.

2) Hunttalk guys use long tapes, so don't have them give you a green score. You will get shortchanged. But with enough beer, he will give you a liberal +/- factor.

3) Shoot the one you like, and if he is a lunker, all the better.

4) Official scores help you realize just how big an 82+ antelope must be.

I have four pronghorn tags this year, and my son has one, so we now have something to shoot for (literally and figuratively).
Wow that's a big range difference. So did you enter him into the B&C awards book. An 80" buck is nothing to hang your head about. I would love to shoot that goat every year. Congrats again.

Man what a nice goat and finished piece! Done good Randy and if you or the son beat that one in either score or the quality of the mount- it's gonna be something to behold!

Nice!!

Looks great Randy! Have you hung up all your european mounts yet?

Very nice!! I'm really digging the pedestal mounts. I just wish my wife would let me have a place to put one other than the garage... ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chamoy
Back