PEAX Equipment

You might be "old school" if...

You remember when you never saw a yuppy walking a poor pointing breed dog - which will never get to experience the scent of a sharptail in it's nostrils - at an off leash, please pick up your dog poop, please stay on trail to protect the native flora dog park. Hell, if you remember when there were no "dog parks".

When you plan on hunting new land and you used boot work over many miles, or sometimes years to know the land....as opposed to getting on a forum and exchange that valuable experience with the words..."hey, I've been lurking on this forum and decided to join. Can someone point me in the right direction? Not asking for honey hole, but....":rolleyes:

You remember when you never saw a yuppy walking a poor pointing breed dog - which will never get to experience the scent of a sharptail in it's nostrils - at an off leash, please pick up your dog poop, please stay on trail to protect the native flora dog park. Hell, if you remember when there were no "dog parks".

I remember before yuppies.

"I remember before yuppies"

I remember before yuppies, too......now I'm pretty sure I am one :eek:

I might be old because I have to type in a quote from a previous thread because I am too technologically challenged to know how to attach it........:W:

you think the neighbor kids just ripped you off with $1 lemonade, not even a full glass. :rolleyes:

Well, I love to hunt with my .38-55, I have a P-38 in my pocket right now and it gets used all the time, but here's one no one has mentioned - I have a "tatoo" of pencil graphite in the palm of my right hand. Also, paid $75 for my new Wingmaster (and, it's still my only shotgun).

Remember when Bic used to advertise, on TV, their 'New' fangled ballpoint pen by loading a blank into a 44 Winchester and shooting it into a pine plank, then writing on a sheet of paper with it ?

Grandpa passed recently and grandma gave me an old Winchester model 94 30-30...you know you're old if the scope on it doesn't say a name brand....all it says is 2X..

You might be "old school" if...

You used white Hilex jugs as goose decoys.

You tied “stray” rusty washers, nuts or bolts (lead tire weights if you hadn’t already melted them for fish sinkers) around the handle of your newfangled decoy with a few feet of old fishing line/string to keep them from blowing away in a rather "stiff breeze”.

Your father took the back seat out of the Plymouth Furry III because you had four times as many decoys than what the trunk could hold.

Your job was to throw decoys out the passenger window and keep the front seat stocked with decoys while dad drove through the field attempting "left hand" throws out the driver's side.

You were jealous of your older brother who got to sit in the trunk and drop jugs out the back because he didn't have to untangle the rats’ nest of decoys whose strings got wrapped around the steering column!

You weren't permitted to cut the line/string off the steering column because there shouldn't be any knots in them.

Occasionally we’d get a late start and geese would be landing in the decoys while the Fury III was still in the field. In those instances we’d just leave the car parked in the field and could still limit out by noon on a good day…just another benefit to owning a white Fury with a black soft top!

Back