Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

You might be "old school" if...

Milk, eggs, and butter were delivered to you door.

Gas was $0.22.9 per gallon

Your Dad swore he was going to quit smoking cuz smokes just hit $0.29 a pack

You watched the 1st man launched into space on a rolled in black & white TV, at school.

Atomic Bomb drills at school

Electric road car rail tracks in the streets

Riding the mule (bareback) while grandpa plowed a field, FUN

Oh, my favorite......Dad carrying 2 different weights of bullets when hunting. One for an open field shot and another for brush busting !

Last edited:
If you didn't even know how to turn on a PC til' they forced you to go to a class @ work....in 06'.

Same here, tarheel. Use my atlas and state road maps whenever I do any traveling.

If you remeber when gas was $.25 cents a gallon in 1967. We used to fill up a mini bike with a quarter and ride around all day WITH NO HELMET and we survived. We also drank water out of a garden hose.

You looked forward to the "all black fish" days, and binge reading all 12 months. (Part of Grandpa's calendar from before my time, but I remember my Dad's in the 70s).

And three pounds of bacon per week!

Attachments

• Aug Back.jpg
    Aug Back.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 344
  • Aug Front.jpg
    Aug Front.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 352
You know you're old school if your early taxidermy mounts look like the ones you see at the estate sales.

...you paid $89 for your brand new Rem 600.

...you bought shotguns shells at the Walgreens, in the Mall, at 14.

...rode a bike through town with a shotgun across the handle bars, and nobody gave a damn.

I guess I'm old. I used to ride the city bus to the edge of town with my shotgun. Try that today.

Your all time favorite hunting boots were the old green Herman Survivors. Every year you look at your cedar arrows with Zwicky Deltas, and see no reason to update your archery equipment. You remember driving thru Montana main streets on Saturday nights and the only dogs you saw were some variation of Heelers in the back of trucks.

You don't need to "upgrade" your bow every year when a new model comes out.

When radial tires were a new thing.

Your truck window went up or down by turning a crank handle.

When ALL trucks had one long seat.

When as a kid, you always had a pack of candy cigarettes so you felt cool like all of the adults around you and on tv.
Do they make those anymore? :confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmor19534
Back