Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

You can only kill one next year

You can only shoot one of the three next year, which one are you choosing?

• Total voters
tis tough.

i don't even have a place to put an elk that big. but it is more meat. i dunno, there's just something about having a giant ass mule deer above the couch that i want to eventually get more than anything.

Okay, so my best of each species is a 78" pronghorn and that is 98% of the 80"er, my 372" elk is 99% of the 375"er so I guess the biggest improvement would be on my 181" mule deer that is only 95% of the 190"er.
That’s a lot of number crunching. Which one you shooting when they are standing next to each other and you have 5 seconds to decide?

I pick the elk. Once pronghorn are beyond a certain size they're just "big", and awing over the last few inches is kind of silly to me.

That said, I would love to shoot what would appear to be a 190" mule deer, never have it scored, and for the rest of my life when someone asked me what it scored I'd say, "I have no idea."

Of course I'm a poor hunter, but if the hunting Gods ever do shine upon me and I ever do shoot a really outstanding animal, you can bet it will never be scored.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallguy
Back