You can only kill one next year

You can only shoot one of the three next year, which one are you choosing?

• Total voters
The poll is slightly slanted toward elk from a B&C minimum perspective. 80" and 190" are B&C minimum for pronghorn and mule deer. B&C minimum for elk is 360" so in theory the 375" elk is 4% above minimum book where the other 2 are at the exact minimum.

EDIT - Nevermind - it is slanted toward mule deer. 180" is minimum and so the 190" mule deer is 6% above minimum.

Meh-lk will let me take the next season off from big game hunting from having more meat so I pick that.

Whichever ones closer to the road. I’d take the elk if It didn’t involve wrestling grizzly bears or 1500 vertical ft gains in 3/4 of a mile to get it out. A 80” lope but only if it required jumping at least 1 corner. The mule deer but it’s gotta be trashy, I’d take a trashy 190” mule over a 375 typical bull. I’m going with the mule deer.

Before they go extinct in Montana, I’d take a 190” MD over the other options.

I like the choices, feel like they would all be equivalent trophies, a question I’ve pondered; what is the equivalent of a 320” bull for MD? Maybe 165? Those are even unicorns in Montana.

I like the choices, feel like they would all be equivalent trophies, a question I’ve pondered; what is the equivalent of a 320” bull for MD? Maybe 165? Those are even unicorns in Montana.
155"

Strictly based on % of B&C minimum, a 160" mule deer would be the equivalent of a 320" elk. Both are 89% of the minimum.

89% of the minimum for pronghorn would be a 71" buck and that seems below what I would think as an equivalent.

Given the choice of a 320" elk or a 160" mule deer or a 71" pronghorn I would be shooting the elk for sure.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back