Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

You can only kill one next year

You can only shoot one of the three next year, which one are you choosing?

• Total voters
Tough choice between elk and mule deer. I had to go with mule deer because I saw one that big if not bigger through my spotter back in 2016....still haunts my dreams.

I already have the deer and antelope (well real close with the antelope), so I picked elk.

Reactions: DFS
I just want to kill a bull elk. Never have. I have always hunted cows.
Or better yet, get my daughter an opportunity someday to kill a bull elk. That’s not asking too much, is it?

I’m happy with whatever adult elk I can get. Love chasing pronghorn- spectacular little critters.

But that giant mule deer… I have dreams of finding and stalking one of that caliber. Maybe one day I’ll have the time, energy, and tag all at once, but not yet.

I see that pronghorn is in last place by a lot. The reason I personally voted for antelope is because to me it's the most relaxing, fun hunt that is not very strenuous at all and usually you get to look over a lot of animals.
The country most antelope inhabit is very mild and walking and stalking even long distances is pretty easy.
Big bulls and muley bucks usually require a lot of physical effort which I don't mind at all but we had to pick just one animal and for me it was antelope.

On a rarity level, a 190” mule deer in Montana nowadays is way more rare than a 375” bull elk. 80” net goats are more rare than a 375” bull too. I’d take the mule deer every time if all 3 were standing side by side.

i prefer eating pronghorn the most, followed by elk but I would LOVE to have a 190 Muley so that got my vote

Given the list available I'd prefer the elk. Except I don't have access to anything on the list. Moose with caribou close second. Caribou steaks are sooooo tender cut them with a folk. But moose provides more meat

On a rarity level, a 190” mule deer in Montana nowadays is way more rare than a 375” bull elk. 80” net goats are more rare than a 375” bull too. I’d take the mule deer every time if all 3 were standing side by side.
100% agree. Plus, I don't have to make multiple pack trips with a deer 😅

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back