Yeti buys Mystery Ranch

I guess the big question is are they smart enough to leave well enough alone? Despite owning every higher end brand pack known to man I am an unapologetic MR fan. They were my first real pack that I wasn’t ratchet strapping quarters to a metal frame. I think my old dragon slayer and Metcalf packeted out more game then everything else I owned combined.

Good for the MR guys! But man I can't help but think about possible impact to their top notch customer service. Selfishly I rather not the change...

7 miles.

Also, I'd like to point out the man in jeans is also carrying Yeti Hopper filled with cold elixers on his chest.

#KeepShotgunning

View attachment 313317
I was wondering why I got a couple of likes today for making fun of your White Claw, on an old thread that hadn’t been resurrected. You fellows need a pack mule.

Yeti will increase the MR price point by 40-60% and people nationally will believe it "Yeti Metcalf" Backpack must be worth the $$$. Which, if they maintain the quality - may very well be worth every penny...

I already have a rode hard and put away wet mystery ranch pack. I can probably get double what I paid for now that it's a yeti!
That’s sort of what I’m thinking. My pre yeti MR packs may be worth double what I paid in a year or two.

I just hiked with a new one today, I better baby it in the morning and put it back in the box when I get home. 😬

I’m KIDDING!!! Sort of….

7 miles.

Also, I'd like to point out the man in jeans is also carrying Yeti Hopper filled with cold elixers on his chest.

#KeepShotgunning

View attachment 313317
Does the guy in lead have a Dutch oven strapped to his pack?

I have a Dana Design; works fine, green bag with lots of lashing points for rod cases, etc, so I stopped there. Can't remember the model number, think 57-60L.

These types of deals rarely end well though, at least for the end user; beancounters take over; well, we can cut the quality here and offshore that. Happened with dozens of classic companies.

Let us hope this is the exception: production stays in Bozeman, no compromise in materials, no skimping on threads or production, and customer service is good.

I have a Dana Design; works fine, green bag with lots of lashing points for rod cases, etc, so I stopped there. Can't remember the model number, think 57-60L.

These types of deals rarely end well though, at least for the end user; beancounters take over; well, we can cut the quality here and offshore that. Happened with dozens of classic companies.

Let us hope this is the exception: production stays in Bozeman, no compromise in materials, no skimping on threads or production, and customer service is good.

The problem with these deals is baked in. The seller starts reducing costs/innovation in the last year or two to max up EBITDA to drive sales price up. The buyer’s deal team has to justify the ROI of the maxed up purchase price via a bunch of half-cocked “synergy” expectations and “hopeful” but not identified sales growth. When the synergies and growth, unsurprisingly, doesn’t just fall from heaven management demands a course correction to “save” the investment- so now the buyer now starts cutting costs and innovation. Users get irritated, sales decline, repeat process. It is almost always better to be the seller in these situations than to be the buyer, an employee or a customer.

Last edited:
7 miles.

#KeepShotgunning

View attachment 313317

Saw this in my news feed this morning...

Ultimate mule for backcountry hike/hunt. The guy is training for the London Marathon and was mistaken as someone stealing a fridge. 🤣

YETI THAT! Haha!

1706797084861.png

Uhh...
District%208%20112768_aura-10.jpg
mmmhmmmmm

That’s sort of what I’m thinking. My pre yeti MR packs may be worth double what I paid in a year or two.

I just hiked with a new one today, I better baby it in the morning and put it back in the box when I get home. 😬

I’m KIDDING!!! Sort of….
I'm thinking about bringing my old Kelty back out of retirement. There was never anything wrong with it in the first place, just needed to buy something new.

Maybe that will start a whole new retro trend!

Can't wait for all the new ridiculous and overpriced MR back pack attachments!

YETI mug waist belt holster: $395
The 'Slim Jim' YETI cooler for meat shelf: $699
YETI cast iron skillet pack transport straps: $159
YETI MR 'Bark Straps' pack transport straps for dog bowl: $165
YETI MR High Country Soft Cooler: $1099
YETI MR 'BEAR BUNKER' hard cased grizzly bear tested pack: $2099

Back