Yeti GOBOX Collection

Yeti buys Mystery Ranch

Used to love my MR Crew Cab. A tank, a heavy high quality tank, I have not pulled off the shelf in years.

Last edited:
I could definitely be wrong, but I don't think things are going to change as much in the next few years as they did from, say 2010-2015. I don't think most people realize how much of a cottage manufacturer they were for a long time. The crossover packs from Dana Designs, the MR Behemoth and Crew Cab, the original like 5+ lb NICE frame, etc...Things were pretty homemade.

There was a huge commercial change and boom in roughly the mid 2010's into lifestyle packs and duffels.

Like many I’ve got some mixed feelings. I used the heck out of my nice frame and a bighorn pack I have. Got into MR packs based purely on seeing them on this site. I don’t use them much anymore since buying an exo. I still think the MR three zip design is one of the best pack designs I’ve ever used

Like many I’ve got some mixed feelings. I used the heck out of my nice frame and a bighorn pack I have. Got into MR packs based purely on seeing them on this site. I don’t use them much anymore since buying an exo. I still think the MR three zip design is one of the best pack designs I’ve ever used
Same. I’ve just found the organization and narrow profile that Exo offers to be a better fit for me.

My work bag, toiletry bag and some travel bags are all MR and such great products. Yeti may actually excel in that segment, but it’s the true rugged hunting/fire/military applications I’d be worried about. The lifestyle products will probably get better

Just purchased the old model Metcalf this past spring.

I guess I dont see where the updates they made are all that fantastic, think I'm happy with the old model.

-Annoying new style buckles.
-Minimal weight reduction.
-Adjustable load lifters.
-New waist belt
-Higher load shelf

Glad I pulled the trigger on the Beartooth bag for the Guide Light Frame. May as well go ahead and buy a Popup with all my GoHunt points…

Well now I am torn…Pintler bag to go on Guide Light Frame or Popup…
I hunted with a Popup for a few years and now use a Sawtooth 45 for everything. I think the padding on the guide light frame is substantially better for packing out game - my hips start screaming a lot sooner with a heavy load in the Popup.

I am going against the grain on this one, I think things stay the course for the most part.

Well now I am torn…Pintler bag to go on Guide Light Frame or Popup…
I loved my Pinter bag. It’s well suited for the guy that likes one big compartment with a trifold zipper. I’m not a more pockets is better guy.

I hunted with a Popup for a few years and now use a Sawtooth 45 for everything. I think the padding on the guide light frame is substantially better for packing out game - my hips start screaming a lot sooner with a heavy load in the Popup.
I loved my Pinter bag. It’s well suited for the guy that likes one big compartment with a trifold zipper. I’m not a more pockets is better guy.

Thanks for the input guys. I decided to go with the Pintler bag in part based on this feedback.

I now will have the Metcalf, Beartooth, and Pintler bags for my Guide Light Frame. I should be good to go in the pack department for the foreseeable future.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back