Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Yesterdays Catch, Cotton Mouth(pic)

Muley_Magician

Well since there isnt a snake forum and i seem to be the only one on several boards that likes them i'll post the pictures here. This is a cotton mount i caught yesterday while out hunting snakes. Its one of the most aggressive snakes i have delt with so far. Maybe b/c its a pregnant female and she is about to shed her skin. Other than shed hunting i snake hunt in my off season.

Area of capture. Where men are few and cotton mouths are plenty.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/53829823/78212388dTXidD

snake 1
http://community.webshots.com/photo/53829823/78202417OeeLVi

mouth open dareing me to come closer. FANGS, haha.
http://community.webshots.com/photo/53829823/78202890kfYZCM

enjoy, later, MM

Muley,you're krazy buddy.I grew up in Tennessee,lotsa cottonmounth moccasins there.I have seen them chase boats.They have jumped in boats and bit people.Aggressive is not the word to describe them, plum tee-totally krazy and constantly pissed off is how to describe them.You keep on playing with them like that,and soon you'll pay the piper
biggrin.gif

That first picture MAde me leery about opening up the other ones... I thought "COTTON MOUTH" meant something else seening ya 1/2 Nekid there
eek.gif
eek.gif

MM, whats up man how ya been?? Haven't talked to you in ages!! Nice looking snakes you got there. Come into the chat some night and we can catch up on whats been goin on lately!!

HAHAHAHA!!!
Leave it to the Moose man to imagine half the posts on this board to be pics of nekkid people....LMAO!!!
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Man, do those pictures bring back my youth while growing up in North Arkansas. I hated those Cottonmouths! Don't know how many my buds and I, shot.

I was swimming in a cove on Lake Norfolk, Arkansas, once, and one of those big monsters came swimming right toward me! Scared me nearly to death. I just treaded water as quietly as I could while it passed by me about four feet away. Talk about getting the Hell outta that water, I did! That was one Cottonmouth that did NOT end up with one of my .22 bullets in the mouth, more's the pity!

When it comes to playing with snakes, just include ol' Leanwolf OUT!! Everyone else, enjoy.

L.W.

What do you do with those cotton mouths???????

We never could find a market for them. If I could I would be one rich dude by now.

Cotton mouths are by far the most aggressive I have ever run across. It's hard to believe that they aren't as deadly as a rattlesnake. Must be that there venom is'nt quite as potent.

Muley, we have so many of those stinkin cotton mouths down here in Louisiana that I thought I would send you a big one I caught the other day. It will be in two boxes
biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> HAHAHAHA!!!
Leave it to the Moose man to imagine half the posts on this board to be pics of nekkid people....LMAO!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Russ where have you been lately?? Half of the posts on this site are of nekkid people, take a gander in the adult section.
biggrin.gif

I had access to the adult section for about a week when it first started out when the password was "thong". Then Delw found out and I didn't come back here for about 6 months.
shhh.gif

You guy's are sure big babies about spiders...LMAO
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Good luck with the snakes and hope you don't lose any more equipment over the edge..
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Went out snake hunting in the same little creek. Now its flooded. I fell out the boat trying to get away from a huge spider web. I hate spiders. Lost the snake catcher, DANG IT!! On my way back it was getting darker and oh boy the snakes were out thick as flies. I saw 5 in less than 2 hours. I got many good picture, but there is nothing you can do when you have nothing to catch them with. I would have used a stick, but i had a few beers and i didnt want to do anymore stupid things that far from the truck. I'll post some pics. I'am headed back in the morning with snake catcher in hand. Then i'am going to a old strip pit to look for rattlers. I'll post the pictures as soon as i can. I saw so many wood ducks today also. I made a note of it i promise. I already picked out a good place for a blind.

later, MM

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back