Yep... I’m a moron...

Was taking my FIL out on our new (to us) boat, and forgot to put the plug in. For a guy who grew up on the water, such a rookie move is unforgivable.

Borrowed by brother's truck to go on a weekday morning turkey hunt. Pre-dawn phone call: "Hey brother, I locked the key in the truck." "Alright, go hunt and I'll run you out the spare on my way in to work." "My coat and gun are in the truck, too. I need you to come now." "Damnit, boy."

Removed head from my son's first buck to do a euro mount, took the rest to the processor. On our return the head was missing! I frantically searched (who would steal it?)...neighbor's dog drug it to their yard! Whew! I think we have all done the bone head vehicle lock outs, looking for cell phones while on on them etc.... it admitting it that's the hard part.

Was taking my FIL out on our new (to us) boat, and forgot to put the plug in. For a guy who grew up on the water, such a rookie move is unforgivable.

I used to guide steelhead on the Deschutes here in Oregon. In the pre-dawn grey my client and I shoved off and pushed downstream for a three day float trip. It was still pretty dark and within a minute we hit the first big riffle and water started sloshing around my ankles in the center of my drift boat. Great way to gain confidence from one’s client at the start of a trip...

Reactions: Hem
I’ve done so many dumb things it’s hard to think of all of them at once.
For example I was 8-9 years old and my sister and I were with my grandma running errands. She ran in to a bank to do her thing and she had a can of pepper spray in her car. It was in this little leather case that I thought had to be removed so you could spray it. Well it didn’t need to be removed and as I was fumbling with it I heard a cssst and can still over 20 years later see the brown stream coming towards my face. I took 100% of that spray into one of my eyes. I had to flush my eye for what seemed like the rest of the day. I don’t know if that was THE dumbest thing I’ve ever done but it’s deffinetly towards the top.
Zach

Zach, that is all to familiar. Freshman in college and some friends pulled out a bottle of Dave's Insanity Sauce, daring people to eat a cracker with just a single drop on it. I was up for the dare. As my mouth, throat, etc. were scalding and being eviscerated from the inside out, my eyes and nose started running profusely. I rubbed my eyes. Baaaaaaad move. Just holding the cracker got enough of the fumes or whatever it was onto my fingers and then into/close enough to my eyes. Spent the next hour in the bathroom, head under the sink, running water over my eyes, praying I wasn't permanently blinded. . . to the soundtrack of them laughing hysterically.

Last edited:
I roasted peppers at a friend's house one time. Shortly after peeling them, my eye itched. I'm sure you can guess what happened next.

I've been pepper sprayed 7 times in the past 15 years. It sucked the first time and the last time. I have also sprayed over 300 people as well so I guess I'm about even.

Complained on Moosie's Hunttalk/Mean Girls Club/Lynch the Newbies Forum about Colorado DOW having elk season coincide with a full moon....

...beat that.

I stuck a rake through the back rack of a 4 wheeler one time and drove too close past the porch. When I heard it break I looked down and the rake handle was sticking out of my arm.

That left a good scar on my arm. Luckily it didnt get me in the ribs.

A few years back I had saved up some cash for a new intake and horn on my bike. Watched all the installation a bunch of times, felt very confident. Spend 3 or so hours pulling the old intake, installing the new one, putting the new horn on, and getting the map updated on the fuel computer. Button it all back up, flip the kill switch to run, and nothing. Spend 4 more hours tearing everything back down re-checking all my work, get it all back together again, nothing. My buddy who has been watching for the last couple hours says to me, "Did you check to see if it's in gear?" Sure enough, put it in neutral and she fires right up.

My buddy did this in high school in his dad's hot retro jet boat while taking girl out on the lake to impress her. Launched the boat, put the girl in it at the dock, drove up the hill to park the truck/trailer, ran back down the hill to the boat and the date says "The boat is leaning back and is there supposed to be all that water back around the motor?" A 454 is really heavy and jet boats tend to sink QUICK, and in his haste to be cool he forgot the plug. So, he yanked the girl back out of the boat, SPRINTED back up the hill to truck/trailer, ripped back down to the ramp, and luckily was able to ease the boat back up on the trailer and drain it all back out...neither the girl nor his dad were very impressed

My wife was in the kitchen cooking breakfast. I asked her if she needed any help? She said sure can you go to the fridge and get me the milk? Sure I said. I opened the fridge and began to search for the milk. After a few minutes went by, my wife asked me where the milk was? I replied that I could not find it, I think we are all out. Laughing hysterically she said to look in my left hand....... Oh you wanted that milk I said, trying to cover up my blunder. She replied. Nice try. We still get a laugh about it to this day. Funny thing is that it has happened to all three of our boys as well. Must be man blindness.

I roasted peppers at a friend's house one time. Shortly after peeling them, my eye itched. I'm sure you can guess what happened next.

Hell hath no fury than not properly washing your hands after a crawfishing boil. Seen a few grown men cry after taking a leak, and a friend who was in an interesting situation after he and his girl friend slipped away.

Hell hath no fury than not properly washing your hands after a crawfishing boil. Seen a few grown men cry after taking a leak, and a friend who was in an interesting situation after he and his girl friend slipped away.
Haha I have actually been in both of those situations the culprit being making jalapeno poppers. After thougrouly washing hands rub them down in lemon juice and that helps.

Peached to my daughter over and over about making sure the hay hook points are stuck into the bale of hay or in their proper storage location.

Need I say more?

Well, heck - Yep, I'm a moron...

While throwing hay with my daughter, I tossed the hooks to an area out of the way - or so I thought... "Do as I say, not as I do". Then I happened to trip backwards over a bale... ass down onto the other side. Off to the clinic with my daughter ribbing me and likely to rib me for the rest of my life. Yep, I'm a double asshole.

Good side of the story - she will always ensure the hooks are into the bale or stored.

Years ago the wife and I would dry our hot peppers and grind them up for our own chili powder to use in cooking. Well, one day I found that I could speed up the process by using the microwave. It all went well until that ONE TIME it didn't. We started the batch cooking and went outside to do other things. When I went back inside I was hit by a house full of pepper gas. Something happened and they started smoking, and it was a struggle to get in there to open the windows and air out the house! Haven't done it since...

Back