Yellowstone Park Ranger looking for info on Island Park, ID General Tag units

luck1440

Hey folks,

I'm a Park Ranger at Yellowstone National Park. This is my first elk hunt and due to an abnormally high number of arrests I've been unable to scout my elk tag in Idaho. I have the Island Park unit general tag (units 60, 60A, 61, 62, and 62A). I'm a meat hunter and I'm really just looking for any elk to fill the freezer. If anybody has any tips regarding the unit or can point me in a general directions I'd really appreciated it. Also I'm always open to new hunting buddies.

Thanks in Advance

Last edited:
Hey folks,

I'm a Park Ranger at Yellowstone National Park. This is my first elk hunt and due to an abnormally high number of arrests I've been unable to scout my elk tag in Idaho. I have the Island Park unit general tag (units 60, 60A, 61, 62, and 62A). I'm a meat hunter and I'm really just looking for any elk to fill the freezer. If anybody has any tips regarding the unit or can point me in a general directions I'd really appreciated it. Also I'm always open to new hunting buddies.

Thanks in Advance,

Aaron

What are you arresting people for?

What are you arresting people for?

I was thinking the same thing as soon as I read that.

I notice every one of your posts are you starting a thread asking for help and then silence. While I don't hate on those asking for help, it's nice to contribute to the forum every once in a while other than just asking for help.

For a start, how did your WY hunt go, pics? How has NC been, get into any bears like you were hoping?

I help plenty of people out. I take a different kid that's never hunted out every year for turkey season. I'm a member of multiple conservation groups. Part of my job is to catch poachers. I take kids with mental and physical disabilities fishing. But maybe posting some grip and grins on here would be more helpful to the hunting and fishing community.

I'm not super active on here. If you don't want to help me that's fine but I don't need your judgement.

I only mentioned what I do so if I got to chatting with somebody they didn't think the only reason I hadn't been scouting was because I'm lazy.

I help plenty of people out. I take a different kid that's never hunted out every year for turkey season. I'm a member of multiple conservation groups. Part of my job is to catch poachers. I take kids with mental and physical disabilities fishing. But maybe posting some grip and grins on here would be more helpful to the hunting and fishing community.

I'm not super active on here. If you don't want to help me that's fine but I don't need your judgement.

I only mentioned what I do so if I got to chatting with somebody they didn't think the only reason I hadn't been scouting was because I'm lazy.

Sounds like you’re a great dude. Share some of your knowledge and experiences and you’ll get much more back around here.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back