Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Yellowstone Elk

Man reading this stuff is making me depressed to be young, getting into western hunting and having the mountains call to me.

Sad how it's all going to hell.
This is why many of us have been working our proverbial asses off trying to save a small amount of they way it was for us.

Today no one has the luxury of standing on the sidelines. Everyone needs to get involved now. The point of no return has come. We must stand together or watch what we all love disintegrate in to something that only resembles the great outdoors in our minds. I might not have a lot of years left in me, (hopeful), but I have Grand children and I'd like to see them chase wild free ranging Elk and Deer on public lands without needing a pocket lawyer, or participating once every several years to hunt.

This is why many of us have been working our proverbial asses off trying to save a small amount of they way it was for us.

Today no one has the luxury of standing on the sidelines. Everyone needs to get involved now. The point of no return has come. We must stand together or watch what we all love disintegrate in to something that only resembles the great outdoors in our minds. I might not have a lot of years left in me, (hopeful), but I have Grand children and I'd like to see them chase wild free ranging Elk and Deer on public lands without needing a pocket lawyer, or participating once every several years to hunt.
I just posted this this morning. ND is in a fight itself.

https://www.hunttalk.com/threads/nd-private-land-no-trespass-bill-sb2315.288835/

Last edited:

shoots-straight hits the bulls-eye.

You realize Montana already has this right ? It’s not a huge deal
Yes you are right...smh 37% in MT vs 7% in ND for public land is really comparable...the point is it's fine the way things are outside of the big farm and oil corps.

Changing the law will further minimize opportunity for sportsman until more land is opened to public access.

We have a huge amount of NR waterfowl and pheasant hunters come to hunt here. It IS a big deal to us.

Look at the stats
https://www.backcountrychronicles.com/public-hunting-land/
https://www.summitpost.org/public-and-private-land-percentages-by-us-states/186111

Last edited:
Yes you are right...smh 37% in MT vs 7% in ND for public land is really comparable...the point is it's fine the way things are outside of the big farm and oil corps.

Changing the law will further minimize opportunity for sportsman until more land is opened to public access.

We have a huge amount of NR waterfowl and pheasant hunters come to hunt here. It IS a big deal to us.

Look at the stats
https://www.backcountrychronicles.com/public-hunting-land/
https://www.summitpost.org/public-and-private-land-percentages-by-us-states/186111

I agree with you . But I think change is coming , in one form or another . If not now , soon . It will force hunters to knock on a few more doors .

Referring ND - the no trespassing thing is all but done if it don’t pass now it will in 2021 for sure . Get over it it’s not end of world . They are protecting land owner rights not taking anything away

Referring ND - the no trespassing thing is all but done if it don’t pass now it will in 2021 for sure . Get over it it’s not end of world . They are protecting land owner rights not taking anything away
But even you spoke out against SB2315

But even you spoke out against SB2315
I don’t like it - truth be known . But it’s happening I know several reps and they say one way or another it’s comimh . If I had the power o would tear it up but I don’t

Speaking of good elk management.. FWP called me two weeks ago for elk harvest survey. Seemed a little late even for them.

It baffles me how inept FWP is regarding harvest data. Why do we not have mandatory harvest reporting for every license sold??? Its an easy and painless process other than the fact that doing it all online makes it tough for Montana where 1/250 people have internet access other than AOL dialup.

NM does it right. Mandatory harvest reporting within x a mount of days of your hunt or you pay a small penalty fine and can't apply again for a license until you complete the survey......

It baffles me how inept FWP is regarding harvest data. Why do we not have mandatory harvest reporting for every license sold??? Its an easy and painless process other than the fact that doing it all online makes it tough for Montana where 1/250 people have internet access other than AOL dialup.

NM does it right. Mandatory harvest reporting within x a mount of days of your hunt or you pay a small penalty fine and can't apply again for a license until you complete the survey......

You know I scratch my head every time I ask the same quesitons. They give me some mumbo jumbo about how it costs too much, and their web site is not owned by them, etc etc. etc.

Coming from Ohio, where there is mandatory checking of all white tails and turkey within 24 hrs of harvest I was shocked to go to Montana and realize I could harvest big game and didn’t have to report it.

Back