MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Wyoming youth license

Yes but only 554 Special Elk licenses dropped and of the 3,274 Special Antelope licenses that dropped, the Nr quota had been increased by 8,665 tags coming from the Resident side, 40% of which went into our Special draw. In essence, the NR Special Antelope tags that dropped to the Regular weren't ours to begin with; they were leftovers from the resident side, and then leftovers from the nr special side as well.
I didn't get the 2015 numbers for Deer.

If they could do it for $40 that would be great. With the willingness of NR to pay $1100 for an Elk tag, eventually that will get somebody's attention.

Last edited:
I get what your saying buzz,but doubt only a $40 increase.I'm thinking they would raise tag fee to closer to $800,and think that hurts the regular draw guys and helps the special draw people who'd be saving.Heck, last year they wanted to add more special licenses to gain more money so I have a hard time believing only $40 increase if changed
I do understand your other points and agree it would help mid-level draws.When will we hear more about this?

mixedbag,

The 'They" you are referring to that wanted to increase the special percentage was not the Game and Fish. It was a bill sponsored by Wyoming Outfitters and Guides Association.

Havent heard if they (woga) will be back with that bill or not, but it was defeated on 3rd reading pretty soundly.

I'll try to put some numbers on how much revenue have to be made up by dropping the special fees.

thanks for the info guys. going to Montana this year with the kids for about 1/2 the price. if Wyoming does not change next year we will burn our points and give it a try.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back