Wyoming unit 23

I concede that I was wrong with the 2nd and 3rd choice applicant numbers. I added all tags issued for 29-2, plus the number still on the leftover list, and it exceeds the quota listed in the regulations. It was my understanding that was flawed and I thank you for educating me on that part of the process, takeaway being that my 2nd and 3rd choice draw odds are actually better than they may appear.

I initially thought you were saying that some residents were unsuccessful in drawing a tag when their quota hadn't yet been met, and that those tags were being rolled over to the NR draws. I now think that you meant the ones that didn't draw that particular tag were previously successful for a different tag, which makes sense with the 2nd/3rd choice applicant numbers.

So go ahead and say you told me so, I can take it! LOL.

It's good. I guess what it means is that those 120 residents who didn't draw a 2nd or 3rd place 23-1 tag must have drawn 1st or 2nd choice in other areas. They couldn't have not drawn a tag. The gist is that when doing your DD for hunt areas, check all the draws and ask WGFD if you need more info.

How does this preference points work , you can buy a point every year I get that. Do you get a point automatic when you put in for draw?

If you put in for draw and are not successful for your first choice, you get 1 PP. Or if you dont want to put in for draw you can just purchase a PP come july

I just drew a zone 22 and saw all the high number of 1000 leftover for 23 and was wondering why. This thread has helped, thanks all.

so if I drew I cant buy pp point this year , does that mean next year ill already have a point?. sorry this is all new and way different for us up here lol dam Canadians
Depends on if you drew your first choice or second/third choice. If you drew your second/third choice you can buy a point for next year.

If you put in for draw and are not successful for your first choice, you get 1 PP. Or if you dont want to put in for draw you can just purchase a PP come july

If you fail to draw a 1st choice tag and get a PP as a booby prize is the cost of the PP deducted from your refund?

Devils tower 45 min, bighorn mountains 45min, coal mine overlooks. Trout fishing

Any suggestions as to trespass areas? not looking for trophies, would like to get daughter inlaw first big game.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back