Caribou Gear

Wyoming success!

It's the cinders blown on the roof that are the concern. A lot of guys around here use big tents made of polypropylene tarp stuff. One season with a wood stove and they leak like a sieve. Not a problem with old cotton canvas tents but synthetic I have to wonder. Mind you, our fire shirts and pants with USFS were synthetic ... but not waterproof. In the old days the shirts were cotton and about the nicest thing I ever put on my body. A very high quality cotton and extremely fine weave. The later Nomex shirts were not so nice!
They make a large roof protector also that may be worth buying

My buddy has a cabela's alaknac and uses a wood stove all the time. A few pin holes in the roof after 15+yrs but nothing bad. Screen mesh at top of pipe helps a lot.
Yes we have the spark arrestor. We like the setup thus far

Me and a good buddy just got back from Wyoming for our annual western hunt. We both had deer tags and ended up filling both of them! There were definitely bigger deer in the unit but we encountered abnormally hot and dry conditions for October. Overall we had a great trip. Filling both our tags seemed to make the LONG drive back the North Carolina a little easier to say the least. Hope you guys enjoy the picsView attachment 157258View attachment 157259View attachment 157261View attachment 157262View attachment 157264View attachment 157265View attachment 157266View attachment 157267
Nice deer! I just got back from Wyoming, I only came back with a tag sandwich unfortunately. Next time I'll get my first mule deer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back