Wyoming results are up!!

Nothing for me!...wait...I didn't put in for WY...LOL

Mid-Feb? Wow they post results early! I wonder if our DOW paid Wyoming to draw early so that folks could still apply in Colorado if they didnt get drawn there? Hmmm....

Geezuz, do you ever NOT draw anything:):)

Not if I can help it. ;)

Got a 50/50 chance on AZ elk or antelope when they announce at the end of March.

Probably a function of my approach to tag applications, not luck. Well, some luck, for sure. I am the luckiest guy that ever walked, so maybe lots of luck. :D

Just gotta apply in those "under the radar" units. The difference between a "glory unit" and an "under the radar" unit is so small, that it amazes me how many guys apply for those "glory units."

Having had my share of glory tags, it occured to me just how over rated they are. Don't get me wrong, they can be great hunts, but to wait 15 or 20 years for one hunt, when you can go on 6 or 7 hunts in that time, just doesn't seem like a good plan.

I know too many guys who applied for glory units, and when their number came up, their health didn't allow them to give it all it deserved, or finally gave up after about 10 years, or worse yet, they passed away before their name ever got pulled.

I just want to hunt. Life is too short to take the chance on a glory unit, only to end up sitting home in the fall.

Got a 50/50 chance on AZ elk or antelope .

Antelope ! Geeze, you don't want to shoot one of those nasty old prairie maggots do you ???

(Just kidding), I just finished watching season 2, where you and Bryce hunt lopes with bows.
That sequence where Bryce just walks up and launches an arrow is the bomb !!

Back