Wyoming Preference Points

noharleyyet

Apply Now For Wyoming Preference Points

September 27, 2012.

Wyoming has a special application period from July 1 to September 30 when hunters can purchase preference points. This year the deadline is October 1 because September 30 is on a Sunday.

Preference points are available for moose, bighorn sheep, and for nonresident elk, deer, and antelope. Wyoming law requires hunters to apply for a license involving preference points or to purchase preference points at least every other year to maintain their point totals. If a hunter fails to apply for a license with preference points, purchase a preference point, or to apply for a license with the preference point option for two consecutive years, all accumulated preference points for that species will be deleted.

Everyone should apply for antelope points ($30) -- hunting Wyoming antelope is the most consistently fun hunt in North America. Seems crazy not to apply for deer ($40) and elk ($50) while you're at it.

Purchase your points online at https://gf.state.wy.us/elso/elsowelcome.aspx.

If you didn't draw in 2012, did you automatically get a point, or did you have to purchase the "option" back in March? And, can you buy another one in this scam/scheme/scenario?

Yeah got mine a few weeks ago...always a challenge doing it from an overseas country...it is quite the process to remember all the states, deadlines and application methology and i have to admit this was the first year in 12 i missed getting my sheep/deer preference points in AZ because i took notice of the deadlines in a magazine that were wrong for their crummy split draw system in AZ. I was gutted...still don't understand why they split up...to trick blokes like me every now and then i suppose..

If you didn't draw in 2012, did you automatically get a point, or did you have to purchase the "option" back in March? And, can you buy another one in this scam/scheme/scenario?

If you paid extra for the point during the draw and did not receive a tag you get a point. You can not purchase a point later if you got a PP during the regular draw.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back