My son plans on letting his elk Wyoming points go,

Kevin W

I have been putting my son's in the Wyoming draws for elk, deer and antelope since they were young. My 20 year old purchased points for deer and antelope but plans on letting his elk points go. 7 points that will fade away after next years point deadline. I am torn, part of me says no problem he's in no mans land point wise and doesn't want to make an investment on a future elk hunt that may or may not pull a great tag. Another part of me says what in the the double hockey sticks we're in too deep, buy the point for him!!!!!

What state is he a resident of?

seems foolish to let them go, given a future gen tag or his ability to share points with a partner to both get a gen future gen tag could be a good use of the points.

Some 20 year olds and others are clueles to how hard tags are to get and how much worse it gets each year.

What state is he a resident of?

seems foolish to let them go, given a future gen tag or his ability to share points with a partner to both get a gen future gen tag could be a good use of the points.

Some 20 year olds and others are clueles to how hard tags are to get and how much worse it gets each year.
Agreed, we are residents of Iowa. Right now he says he doesn't have a desire to hunt elk. But like you mention what if? Atleast Wyoming has a 2 year grace period. Maybe he will change his mind.

I’m willing to bet there are some forum you post that on you will get cash offers to party app. Wasn’t it Monster Mulies who was known for that kind of shenanigans?

I’m willing to bet there are some forum you post that on you will get cash offers to party app. Wasn’t it Monster Mulies who was known for that kind of shenanigans?
Oh it isn't like he's sitting on max points, 7 points going unused isn't the end of the world. I just hope he doesn't regret it later on down the road.

Oh it isn't like he's sitting on max points, 7 points going unused isn't the end of the world. I just hope he doesn't regret it later on down the road.
For a guy sitting at 1 or 2, 7 is a big deal on a party app. Jumping to 4 or 4.5 is way better.

1 or 2 you may not ever draw except in the random with the point creep. Party app and pay for the other persons tag after the draw. Donate it to a NP and get the tax write off.

Sitting here with my tinfoil hat it seems some on other forums draw way more “randomly” than they should.

Post sharing my 7 point$ on MM and see how many PMs you get. Lol

People really need to stop this points game and screw the game and fish. It's way cheaper to let them go then go on a hunt these days, I don't blame him at all. I have like 10 or 11 deer and lope points each and I'm thinking about just letting them go...cheaper in the long run then giving these western states even more of my money.

People really need to stop this points game and screw the game and fish. It's way cheaper to let them go then go on a hunt these days, I don't blame him at all. I have like 10 or 11 deer and lope points each and I'm thinking about just letting them go...cheaper in the long run then giving these western states even more of my money.
If I had 10-11 points in Wyoming, I’d use them to hunt. I’m weird.

If I had 10-11 points in Wyoming, I’d use them to hunt. I’m weird.
A lot of people would, but it's cheaper to let 300-330 dollars go then spending another 1500-2000 more on top of that already spent 300-330... :) and that's just for 1 of them...X2 if I do both on separate years.

This is one of the silliest posts I've seen on here in quite some time.

I’d encourage anyone with a point amount near the amount or more than I have to drop out and let them go. Tell your friends also

Points stink but it’s what we have in lots of places and the only way to be in the game for the opportunity that exists

If i were you id go ahead and buy the point for him. Giving a little money to wyoming game and fish wont be the worst thing you spend money on.
Probably what will happen. I am hopeful the WGF adopts the 4 point or under bull elk tag (like unit 100 has) on more of the premium elk units.

A lot of people would, but it's cheaper to let 300-330 dollars go then spending another 1500-2000 more on top of that already spent 300-330... :) and that's just for 1 of them...X2 if I do both on separate years.

Not really sure what your intentions were when you started buying points then.

Why? This is about letting points go and this is spot on. Just because you might not do it does not make it a silly post.

If you can't find a Wyoming antelope hunt with 10 points, then I agree, you should let them go.

Agreed, we are residents of Iowa. Right now he says he doesn't have a desire to hunt elk. But like you mention what if? Atleast Wyoming has a 2 year grace period. Maybe he will change his mind.
I would consider at least buying a point every other year then. Like you said, maybe he'll change his mind.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back