Yeti GOBOX Collection

My son plans on letting his elk Wyoming points go,

We appreciate everyone's feedback and opinions. We have a couple idea's that we are talking about. 1). Split his points with his cousin (my brothers son) in a cow elk draw for the 2024 season. We did the same father son type hunt in Wyoming (antelope) where the boys had the only tags 3 or 4 years ago and they had fun doing that. or 2). My son try's for a bull tag in 2024 and he and I go on the hunt if he draws, if he doesn't draw he can let the points go if he wants to or buy the point and resume the wait. He's trying to budget his money and likes deer and antelope hunting more than elk hunting. No matter the outcome it's 100% his decision. I just want to make sure he covers as many options as possible.

Last edited:
Has he ever been to WY? For anything? I didn't want to hunt elk until I went to elk country for a vacation. It's worth it just to go be in the woods and mountains.

This is for 2 separate years for 2 different hunts and based on todays costs...these may change....1 deer and 1 lope.

$375-400 for the tag....
$500 hotel, $100 a night?
$350-500 for gas.

This is per hunt on todays' costs....as you can see I did not put food, cause I know how y'all always say you have to eat...

So....add that up...$400+500+350 = $1250....times 2....

And yeah, I get it....I can sleep on the ground and save some of the $500...I don't live close, it costs money to hunt....

I'm done explaining this....I said what I need to say. I get why the OP's kids wants to let the point go....it is what it is....It costs less if I let the points go then to hunt...period....

Priorities change...so does life and such...rules...money....etc.etc..etc...
Who the hell stays in a hotel for an elk hunt ?

Who the hell stays in a hotel for an elk hunt ?
Plenty of people. Quite popular in Ely, NV due to the proximity to the elk areas. Jarbidge, Wells plentyof places a guy could day hunt from a hotel and be a lot more comfortable than trying to tent or RV camp. Plenty of people day hunt for elk from their homes as well.

This is for 2 separate years for 2 different hunts and based on todays costs...these may change....1 deer and 1 lope.

$375-400 for the tag....
$500 hotel, $100 a night?
$350-500 for gas.

This is per hunt on todays' costs....as you can see I did not put food, cause I know how y'all always say you have to eat...

So....add that up...$400+500+350 = $1250....times 2....

And yeah, I get it....I can sleep on the ground and save some of the $500...I don't live close, it costs money to hunt....

I'm done explaining this....I said what I need to say. I get why the OP's kids wants to let the point go....it is what it is....It costs less if I let the points go then to hunt...period....

Priorities change...so does life and such...rules...money....etc.etc..etc...
I think the gas expenses are way underestimated for nonresidents with current gas prices.

Party app those PPs if he doesn't want to use them, might as well get some benefit from buying them.

You could always donate his tag to a disabled person if he doesn't want to use it after drawing.

Last edited:
Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back