Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Wyoming pref points

Does Wyoming still hate Safari and Steve Jobs? If so I'll have to wait until I go to work and do it.

Last edited:
So is it too late to start accumulating pref points for antelope in Wyoming? It would be nice to harvest a buck that beats my 14" Idaho buck (may never beat that in Idaho). Going on a doe hunt this fall in Wyomig. Hoping to have a great time.

Going to buy mine soon.I will have after my purchase 2 elk,3 deer,and 1 pronghorn for wyoming.

thanks for the headsup Cushman. I bought my 5th deer point yesterday and added one to all my other piles and Diane's too. Some time in the future I'll ask everyone where they think I should spend my WY deer preference points.

In general does anyone know what it takes for a moose draw? And does WY have a cap (max points) or do they just keep going?

I'm just buying at this point with no plans to hunt until at least 2015 (Elk/Lopes)....I figure around that time I'll start putting in for moose as well and wait for that cold day in hell.

iryoung---If you want to hunt for a bull moose in Wyoming in your lifetime, you had better start buying the points this year because it will take well into the next decade to have a remote chance of drawing anything good. The drawing stats for moose and all the other critters is right on the G&F webstie, so you can see how many PPs each unit is taking to draw a tag.

Yeah, I have two points (including the one I bought today). I figured it was next to impossible, but I'm happy with a lesser bull or cow, I just want the meat (in addition to a great hunt).

I just started blindly purchasing as I figured someday I'll get serious about it. I love the way WY does the pref. points. I don't have to worry about a license or tag or special code, just buy the point and be done with it. To me, the simplicity is well worth the $70 for moose and $50 for elk.

Back