Wyoming point creep. How bad will it be for the NR elk draw this year?

Southern Elk

There certainly seemed like a lot more chatter this year. I applied for a limited entry tag with 1.5 more points than it took to draw last year. I was afraid to cut it too close.

I had the same thoughts and applied for a limited entry tag with 2 points more than it took last year. And yes, I'm in for one of those $1300 special tags. That is very special indeed.

Has anyone checked out the black and green site? Question asking what NR applied for elk in WY. I think of the 6 pages I read only 3 people applied. Stark difference than here.
This is the only forum that I frequent, so it’s my only point of reference. That is interesting.

I had the same thoughts and applied for a limited entry tag with 2 points more than it took last year. And yes, I'm in for one of those $1300 special tags. That is very special indeed.
My app is similar; $1300 hundo special and I have more points than it took last year to draw. I figured if the tag prices are probably increasing in 2024 I might as well try for the special tag price now and see if I could draw a decent LE for this fall.

Last edited:
I'm only in for a cow tag, but my buddy said to hell with it and put in for some LE unit looking to hit the random pool. We both have 2 points, but hell he did pull an antelope tag with zero points in 2021. Someones gotta hit the random pool.

If only people with massive reach didn’t preach to everyone to apply and instill fear in everyone that if they don’t draw this year they never will…. And after they’ve drawn (and family) all their NR WY tags

And after they (and family/friends) cashed in points already…

Back