Wyoming leftover licenses no longer first come, first served.

Goatshoes

Sorry if this has already been posted.

CHEYENNE - The process to pick up any leftover Wyoming elk, deer, and antelope hunting licenses is changing this year. Any leftover licenses from the initial draw will be distributed through a leftover draw--they will no longer be sold on a first come, first served basis. The application period will be open from June 26 - June 30.

https://wgfd.wyo.gov/News/Leftover-licenses-sold-through-applications-rather

After the draw for leftover tags , any that were not applied for and taken will then be sold first come first serve.

So, still last chance hope for last ditch effort for wait to the last second of last day people out there.

I'll be in the leftover draw for Antelope.

I think people will be surprised how tough it is to draw leftover tags for a lot of units that you could buy leftovers in right up until the end of season just a couple of years ago. I've bought leftovers the last couple of years but there was no way I was going to risk going into the leftover draw this year. Hopefully I'm wrong and they remain easy to get.

I've only found Elk so far. Antelope isn't looking good.

I tried the way I know of, and couldn't find anything. Which could be a good thing, since I didn't pay for any PP (I buy them over the summer). But I think they got that closed off.

I tried the way I know of, and couldn't find anything. Which could be a good thing, since I didn't pay for any PP (I buy them over the summer). But I think they got that closed off.

Yep, they don't issue state checks any longer since they went to credit card reimbursement and that eliminated that back door way.

Wyoming Pronghorn has gotten an incredible amount of attention in the last few years. Tons of posts of how its a fun, low barrier to entry, easy to draw hunt. I have a feeling the latter is on its way out.

For years I did leftover pronghorn hunts in Wyoming. There used to be units where access was problematic but doable. After all the tag cuts because of the bad winter a few years back the leftover tags just dried up, at least in units where you could still grab leftovers and enjoy the Wyoming experience. Last leftover I hunted was in 109 which always has leftovers, but that hunt is just not what you go to Wyoming for. There may be a couple decent leftover tags but I would agree with the other poster, easy to get leftovers in Wyoming that provide fun, enjoyable hunts are going to be a thing of the past.

For residents however I think this change helps them as they have an easier time securing access typically.

I think one of the other reasons for so much demand is the late application deadline which allows those that did not draw elsewhere a second chance.

Most all leftover tag hunts will fall short of fantastic.

Probably why they are still available.
Buyer beware for sure, but a hunt doesn't have to be great to be good in my opinion.
A person's expectations will need a little lowering to be happy on a leftover tag hunt, most likely.

I can't get it to show me any lists.I'd be interested in a cow tag or maybe a doe antelope tag.Unfortunately, I can't see what's available

Back