Caribou Gear Tarp

Wyoming HB 200 price hike

What crooks! We should all stick it to the man and not hunt Wyoming. NR's unite!

No thank you.

I honestly don’t see how charging market value, or maybe even less, is being a crook. Wyoming could probably charge the new special draw price across the board without total app numbers for DEA dropping much.

Glad they aren’t going that route, yet.

It appears that this is the year to burn some points and go hunting in Wyoming one last time. I would think the point creep is going to double overnight. Think I might have to see how the point creep on the special tag affects the draw odds in a few years. If it makes it easier to draw a premium elk unit for $2000 every 5 years then maybe it’s not so bad.

Yes, but for recreation, I may decide to go fishing to Wyoming, or bird hunting. For a lot less money, and the same amount of fun. Or any other state, whichever provides the most bang for my buck. It's either that or move there.
The way things are going you might as well move, I did lol. Born and raised in Puyallup. (y)

It appears that this is the year to burn some points and go hunting in Wyoming one last time. I would think the point creep is going to double overnight. Think I might have to see how the point creep on the special tag affects the draw odds in a few years. If it makes it easier to draw a premium elk unit for $2000 every 5 years then maybe it’s not so bad.
I think it's going to be a bad year to burn points here...winter is pretty bad and tag cuts are already being recommended. @JM77 posted a letter on another board with some information on cutting NR tags in Region A.

I think it's going to be a bad year to burn points here...winter is pretty bad and tag cuts are already being recommended. @JM77 posted a letter on another board with some information on cutting NR tags in Region A.
Region A is pretty rough. I live there and hunt it most years….spend a lot of time hiking those hills.

Deer numbers have tanked for a number of reasons.

Local biologists actually think it should be cut more than what they are proposing.

It’s not only cutting tags but they shortened the season as well.

Last edited:
RUMOR is this year only 7000 more people applied for the "elk special" draw from last year. I guess everyone is burning points in WY this year. Personally, I hope they are all 1, 2, and 3 point holders. Get it while the getting is good, as they say. If you put in as a NR for a LE Draw, you may get your dream hunt.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back