Wyoming Elk with my Old Man Part 2

Wonderful heart felt story. You are quite articulate. Hunting elk in the rut share similarities with spring turkey hunting when it comes to strategy, often times when the quarry goes silent its time to get positioned and ready to catch him sneaking in. How fortunate to have had this time with your father.

Best of luck in rifle season.

Loved the write up, kill or no kill. Good on you for seeing it for the great hunt that it was with your dad.

Good luck in rifle season!

Awesome story. You made me feel like I was right there on the mountain. Very captivating! Thanks for sharing! Rooting for you to get one here in October!!! Good luck.

Thanks for sharing the story of your hunt with your father...what a gift for both of you! I didn't draw this year and as I was reading your daily adventures - I felt like I was standing right alongside you during the highs, lows, and exhaustion. Thanks for allowing me to hunt vicariously through you this year.

God Bless,
Wayne

Last edited:
Great writeup. I lost my dad a little over a year ago, so awesome that yours was able to do this hunt with you.
Ah man, sorry to hear. I definitely don’t take spending time with loved ones for granted, especially my Dad.

I can't express how much I enjoyed this story. You have been able to captivate all of us.
It's evident that your grit, your guts, your pure determination, came from your dad. You both gave selflessly and proved that hunting isn't always about the kill. You were able to paint a mural with a keyboard and this forum as your canvas and by doing that you proved hunting is everything you described on this adventure and that is why we chose to do it.

Very cool story, thanks for sharing and good luck when you make it back with a rifle!

Awesome write up. Thanks for taking the time. I swear I could feel the familiar highs and lows with each new post. Best of luck on the return trip!

Great write up and I’m hoping part two ends with a notched tag for you

Excellent write-up @jlong17. You and your father had a very successful trip, met all your goals except one, but I bet your dad had the time of his life. You should be able to get your elk for the freezer in a week or so. Be sure your dad gets some in his freezer for accompanying you on such a great adventure.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back