Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Wyoming Elk unit advise.

i take the "I'd rather have a general tag" comments with a grain of salt, lots of time the unit in question is a good unit but a poster is just trying to throw some dirt on the subject. i personally know a couple guys that have done well in 25/27

i take the "I'd rather have a general tag" comments with a grain of salt, lots of time the unit in question is a good unit but a poster is just trying to throw some dirt on the subject. i personally know a couple guys that have done well in 25/27
I'm pretty sure it's a good hunt, just need some real advise and opinions. We all could've killed bulls during our deer hunt last year and the elk season was in full swing.

Kris.

Excellent tag and well worth the points in my opinion. I would recommend the first part of the season. October 1st is still peak rut around here.

Excellent tag and well worth the points in my opinion. I would recommend the first part of the season. October 1st is still peak rut around here.
Thank you for the advise. I was thinking that would be a great plan.

Kris.

I"m in the same boat in a different area in WY. Long time deer hunter, hopefully first time elk hunter.

I'm not familiar with the area you mentioned, my only advice would be if you saw elk last year and could have killed one, I'd go back at the same time in 2020. That's my plan.

That’ll be a tough draw with 6 points in either draw. I’d consider editing the title of this post, if you can. You aren’t doing yourself any favors by using the exact phrase everyone thinking about hunting here is going to be typing into Google. Good luck.
Ya, that's the chance you take I guess. I figure we stand a decent chance of drawing in the special tag allocation. According to Go hunt, its 100, but point creep can happen too.

Kris.

I"m in the same boat in a different area in WY. Long time deer hunter, hopefully first time elk hunter.

I'm not familiar with the area you mentioned, my only advice would be if you saw elk last year and could have killed one, I'd go back at the same time in 2020. That's my plan.
Yes, no doubt. You just can't have too much researching and info.

Like to have as much facts as I can.

Kris.

Have you tried calling the biologist or warden? In my experience, Wyoming has great personnel. If you demonstrate that you've done a little homework, you'll almost always get great info from a phone call.

And I'd imagine this unit will be out of reach with 6 points. The creep has been crazy over the past three years.

Have you tried calling the biologist or warden? In my experience, Wyoming has great personnel. If you demonstrate that you've done a little homework, you'll almost always get great info from a phone call.

And I'd imagine this unit will be out of reach with 6 points. The creep has been crazy over the past three years.
Yes, I always call and email them. Both were on vacation. but expecting info soon. I have several notebooks filled with info and hundreds of research emails.

I use all that, plus Onx, Gohunt, hunting fool, Google earth and much more.

There isn't better intel than boots on the knowledge however.

Kris.

i had that tag some years back,,did the oct 1st thing for a week,good weather but all elk sign was high,,never even got a shot,,id say to wait as late as posible now for weather to help bring them down.I dont think its worth 6 points i m o

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back