Wyoming Elk Question

Randy explains the NR draw pretty well here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVIhSwSuDpA

In this year's random regular draw for the general tag (1st choice), a NR had roughly a 14% chance to draw. Not great odds, but not terribly bad either. Last year, my buddy and I drew a limited quota tag in the random. Our odds were about 17%. So as Randy mentions, put in for it because you never know.

Last edited:
The things that are not good for the NR, are generally good for the residents (at least those of us that don't make a living off of hunting $$$).

The wilderness rule and the higher price tags are significant advantages for the Wyoming residents IMO. If I were NR, I'm sure I wouldn't like either of them.

I'm generally happy with WY's allocation of tags and draw system as a NR. For a flatlander that lives on the east coast, hunting out west is expensive any way you cut it. Travel, gear, shipping, tags...it adds up quite quickly.

I'm generally happy with WY's allocation of tags and draw system as a NR. For a flatlander that lives on the east coast, hunting out west is expensive any way you cut it. Travel, gear, shipping, tags...it adds up quite quickly.

I agree!!

I do not agree with non residents not being allowed to use wilderness! That's the outfitters/guides doing and I hope someday it will be overturned.
Also residents should have to pick a Region for their deer tag like us NR.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back