Wyoming Elk Part 3

jlong17

Well, I have returned from my WY elk hunt. For those of you that followed parts 1 & 2, you know the details. For this who have not check out the story!!

I was pretty long winded in the previous threads, so I promise to be short and to the point this go around... I freaking got one!!!! Is it a dink? Ya. Do I care? Nope. I couldn't be more happy :)

tempImageBirTRY.jpgtempImage23rWQI.jpg

Awesome. Full freezer and good Eatin’. You hunted your ass off the whole season. Glad to see your efforts rewarded.

I’ve been texted pictures of a ton of big bulls killed by outfitted hunters this year. None is as impressive as that bull right there. Congrats!

Thanks everyone! I have never worked so hard at something in my life. So many days, miles, ups and downs. I hunted a total of 16 days, and logged over 150 miles of boots in the ground. When it came down to making the shot I had to really control my breathing hahaha! 250 yard shot through the trees. He only went 5 yards. So incredibly blessed by this beautiful animal.
For those who have been asking about elk calibers: I shot him with a Winchester .270 and 130 grain Barnes TSX. The bullet performed well. It entered just behind the front shoulder, through the chest, and lodged itself into the opposite front leg.
I can’t thank you all enough for the encouragement, well wishes, private messages, and motivation. I’m so glad the final chapter ended the way it has. Wyoming has been so good to me, I can’t wait to return!

Jake

59C8BC1F-A6FC-4381-8E67-8489C304BB5C.jpeg

Nicely done Jake. I'm glad you were able to get back there and leverage your previous efforts. Now you have seen the potential, and know the country and the movements. You are a step up on a lot of folks the next time you or a buddy draw a tag.

Congrats!

You had the best October weather I can remember in a long time. Today the bill came due. :)

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wyohandscold
Back