Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Wyoming Elk and Deer Seasons

WyoDoug

Anyone look at the new dates for Wyoming elk and deer seasons? I am going to love this:

Elk: Sept 1 to Oct 31 and that is "any elk". Nov 1-30 for antlerless elk
Deer: Oct 1 to Nov 30 if I draw my type 8 tags and Oct 1 - 20 for the general tag.

I would so much enjoy rifle hunting during the elk rut LOL. I might have to do a separate hunt for deer if I draw both which I think I will.

What hunt area(s) are you referring to? Many areas don't have the seasons you listed.

ClearCreek

129 and 17 elk/deer respectively. First time I seen elk open for rifle during the rut.
129 has had that season for quite a while, nothing new. Matter of fact, 129 and 126 used to all be 129 with that season up until a few years ago.

IF you are able to shoot a bull in September in 129 on public land without an outfitter, that is a great achievement. The first 2 elk I shot were in 129 and both the cow and bull were shot in September with a rifle on public land.

Also, 129 is general so your odds of drawing should be quite good if you are a resident :)

My hunting buddy lives there and hunted it for years. He's my "guide". LOL What's best for that area? Rut or post-rut?

Not pleased that they are breaking up elk unit 054-7 to a split season. First half of the season is the whole unit but the second half is only east of Hwy 120. Especially pleased that they change the season a couple months after mailing the nonresident tags.

Not pleased that they are breaking up elk unit 054-7 to a split season. First half of the season is the whole unit but the second half is only east of Hwy 120. Especially pleased that they change the season a couple months after mailing the nonresident tags.

Wont have to worry about that after this year...

Back