Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Wyoming Cow Depredation Question

805Bowhunter

Hi all,
I have a question that I know there is an answer to, however, I cannot seem to find it in the regs. I have a friend who owns a ranch in Wyoming. Next elk season (Fall of 2018) will be an "off" year for me where I am in between with points in states and unlikely to draw anything anywhere. In speaking with my friend, he mentioned that each year they typically get several cow depredation tags and I'd be welcome to come out and hunt the ranch (archery) on the cow depredation tags. I asked the specifics, me being a non-resident, and he wasn't quite sure. Does anybody know how this specifically works with regard to non-residents with regard to depredation permits/tags? Do I apply for my NR hunting lic and...? Looking for some clarification (and even if this is possible). Thanks in advance for your help.

Best,
Danny

If your buddy is talking about his landowner tags they aren't transferable to you. Depending on what unit the ranch is in you might very well be able to draw a cow tag easily. Heck you may be able to draw a bull tag.
If the ranch is involved in the actual depredation hunt I think they must call a list of persons that actually sign up for the hunt. Not exactly sure but a call to the Fish and game might be able to answer your questions once you figure out which tags your buddy is talking about.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input guys. I do understand that there are no transferrable tags in Wyoming, thats why I was confused. I did read the regs too and I am just not sure if what my buddy proposed was possible. I did see through the regs that I needed to get on the list etc. I am going to give F&G a call as in many cases, its best to talk to the people that enforce this stuff anyhow :)

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
runoutdoors
Back