Wyoming Corner Crossing Defense Fund

I wouldn't be that bold, but I think public land owners have a solid case and the best chance at clarifying corner crossing I've seen to this point.
Would be nice to get a clear definite decision
But I also imagine there's a whole lot of senators that are scrambling to pass laws in favor of big money ranchers making it illegal
I do believe here in Montana corner crossing is
Illegal or am I mistaken ?

Everyone has their hopes up on this case but don’t you think the most likely outcome is for the judge to grant summary judgement to the hunters since the plaintiffs won’t be able to show damages. My understanding is that is about the same as a dismissal and won’t set precedent as everyone is hoping. I hope I am wrong but I think that’s pretty likely how this will go.

Everyone has their hopes up on this case but don’t you think the most likely outcome is for the judge to grant summary judgement to the hunters since the plaintiffs won’t be able to show damages. My understanding is that is about the same as a dismissal and won’t set precedent as everyone is hoping. I hope I am wrong but I think that’s pretty likely how this will go.
Unfortunately, I think the most likely outcome is the Wyo. legislature expressly defining corner crossing as trespassing.

Unfortunately, I think the most likely outcome is the Wyo. legislature expressly defining corner crossing as trespassing.
And they will be in violation of the State Constitution...as the attorney that tried the criminal case and also the upcoming civil case explained to us on a zoom call yesterday.

Anything they pass will be meaningless...and we're looking to control the narrative on what may come from the legislature.

I have learned more about corner crossing and the laws around it than I would have ever thought was pertinent to the case. Its been a steep learning curve, but I think all of us that have been closest to this thing are learning a lot.

Man I want this one bad...

Last edited:
no NR leftover tags from the draw this year for EM unit. Normally was only a handful left from special draw. I wonder if the resident draw will change? Normally about 100 leftover for the LO draw. Think that will approach zero this year as a few people test crossing those corners?

i just have a wishful poetic hope, that with the way public land advocacy as broadened over the years, we can make elk mountain ranch realize they've awakened a sleeping giant.

that is what i posted in this thread last november. and i feel like that's exactly what is happening especially given the article buzz posted below.

Latest....

New update hot off the press...Iron Mountain Holdings request to remand back to State court has been denied.

Civil case stays in Federal Court.

Lets hope Mr. Ego doesn't blink.
If he drops the suit now, does that effectively end this chance for a broader ruling, or is there an opportunity for a counter suit that will still put the issue before a federal court?

Hope the hunters filed a countersuit. Maybe the court won't be able to let the plaintiff dismiss if so, perhaps the same with the summar judgement. Seems like the hunters are the ones that were damaged

sounds to me like the ranch owner knows he's going to lose in federal court so he is trying to get it back to state level where he stands a better chance of influencing/paying for a favorable ruling in his favor

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back