NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Wyoming Bucks (Video)

ADDDICT

Just got back from Wyoming with my buddy Scott Simons. We hunted three days and were able to sort through a few hundred Wyoming speedgoats and come up with a couple of great bucks.
The first group we spotted over a mile away. After some time behind the big glass I opted to get in and get a closer look at them. With light fading and the herd across an open sage flat we set-up for the shot.
I ranged the herd at 779 and dialed in elevation adjustments on my Zeiss Conquest 6.5x20 50mm scope. After a doe cleared the buck I sent a 180 gr Scirocco through his vitals. He went down within about 5 seconds.

VIDEO LINK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS5z1tXGgAs&feature=youtu.be

The buck isn’t very long but has great top and base mass. Great prongs and a cool look to him.

P1010392s.jpg

P1010406s.jpg

P1010400s.jpg

P1010417s.jpg

The next day Scott was able to hike about three miles and get a 450 yard shot at his buck. The buck has an awesome frame and a gnarly little kicker.

P1010421s.jpg

P1010424s.jpg

We were very fortunate considering they were leftover tags and we’ve never set foot in the unit before.

Thanks in advance for watching!

"You skin grizz?"

BobT--

300 RUM Sendero
KDF muzzle break
Zeiss Conquest 6-20x50mm Scope
180 gr Remington Scirocco PLIII

He had moved a few yards after I ranged him before I had a clear shot so I held center at 48 clicks
Very little wind

We have built handloads for this gun with Barnes TSX and Accubonds but I always lean back to the factory premium loads. They just shoot sweet out of that gun!

Thanks for the comments guys!

Back