Wyoming bound!!

If yall are holding out on us, that just ain't cool. Bunch of tease's.

I suppose if I wished you lots of bone, it could be taken the wrong way.
Elk or no elk, you are giving it one heck of an effort, and I’m sure you’ll “leave it on the mountain.”

Sorry guys but I disappointed you. Pedro lives on. I was able to find his little amigo though. I'll post story and more pics tomorrow.

P1030357.jpg

Looks like a dink ;) Way to get er done. Looking forward to more views. Awesome

What a tard.... calls up, tells me one story, Calls back says another, Hard to believe this clown :D Good to see the Bugler taking an animal finally... after over 300 of them videoed this year !!!!!

A bit Spindly.... but he'll do ;)

Congrats on the "Shadow Elk"...........

I'm going to try and make this short as I'm pretty busy with taking care of the elk and cleaning up. After hunting for 13 days of archery and 5 days of rifle I decided I better make one last trip for a late hunt. I had heard good things about the hunt so I was pretty jacked about heading up. I picked my dad up in Pocatello and headed for Wyoming. We arrived at 2:00 in the morning and decided to just throw our sleeping bags on the ground to get a quick nap in before morning.
P1030222.jpg

The area I was hunting was pretty open with mostly sage and Junipers. It was pretty much flat except for a couple 1000 ft mountains that held some pine trees. Roads were everywhere so we pretty much just drove around and found the highest glassing spots to glass from. For the first 6 hours we saw tons of antelope and Deer with no elk.
P1030341.jpg

We could tell right away with the lack of snow anywhere that we might be in trouble because this area looked to be the transition area for elk. We glassed all areas of the unit and came up with nothing in the sage and junipers. We hiked a lot of good looking secluded canyons with no sign of elk. We talked with a lot of hunters and they were having the same luck as us.

We made our way back to the two .5 mile long stretches of 1000 ft mountains to concentrate or efforts. This is where most of the hunters were and when we setup to glass I saw a 250" class bull running for his life. That was the first hint of elk in the area we were hunting so it was very up lifting to see one finally.

We checked out other areas but decided to head back again for the evening hunt. We got to a high spot and started glassing. With about 1 hour of light left I spotted a small 6 point bull (275 class). We kept an eye on him and sure enough another bull stepped out. He looked decent and with the lack of elk we had been seeing I had a tough decision ahead of me. I had already thought about leaving early and coming back in a few weeks in hopes that we would get some weather to drive the elk down. I was already skating on thin ice with the wife for being gone on this hunt for so long so I decided that probably wasn't the best idea. I looked at my dad and told him I was going to head up the mountain after the elk.

I headed up the hill and got within 400 yards of him right before last light. I held for 350 and shot. I shot high and was lucky that the bull had not moved. I then shot for 300 yards and dropped him in his tracks with a spine shot. The angle was so steep that I should of actually shot him for 250.

I had mixed emotions after shooting this bull. Happy that the hunt was over but also a bit upset that I didn't succed in my goal of shooting a bigger bull then my wife. :rolleyes: I guess next year I'll just have to hunt harded.

P1030283.jpg

P1030311.jpg

P1030289.jpg

What a tard.... calls up, tells me one story, Calls back says another, Hard to believe this clown :D Good to see the Bugler taking an animal finally... after over 300 of them videoed this year !!!!!

A bit Spindly.... but he'll do ;)

Congrats on the "Shadow Elk"...........
I was planning on telling you I shot a spike but then half way through the story I made a few u-turns. Then I called wilecoyote with a different story to keep you guys guessing. :D

I guess next year I'll just have to hunt harded.

I'm guessing you hunted "harded" this year. I was the one that hunted "HALF" harded. You did WELL !!! Hope you have some good footage ?

IDB:

Very fine bull to cap one hell of an elk season for you. Hard to top a season where you spend that many days chasing the big bulls.

Thanks for sharing the chase with the rest of us.

Congrats!

Congrats on the bull.Looks like a good one to me.Having your dad there should make it a memorable hunt.I'm sure after reading about a few of your hunts that a bigger bull will hit the ground in the future.

What a tard.... calls up, tells me one story, Calls back says another, Hard to believe this clown :D

IdahoBugler said:
I was planning on telling you I shot a spike but then half way through the story I made a few u-turns. Then I called wilecoyote with a different story to keep you guys guessing.

Yeah, that schmuck led me on like a high school hussie! Congrats on the fine bull Bryce. I guess you'll have to whack one with your bow during the late archery hunt now, then hopefully you can redeem yourself and get one bigger than your wife!

Good Job!

Now that's what I call an elk season. You worked your tail off. Nothing wrong with that bad boy. Congrats and thanks for sharing the experience.

IB,

I dont think you should be upset at all. You hunted as much as you could, when you could, and still ended up with a great bull. Basically, you made the most of the tag you had, and thats the important thing.

Nothing there to be upset about. Plus, like you said, you drew early enough with just a couple points, that another tag will likely come your way real soon. Hell, maybe even NEXT year.

Congrats on a fine bull and good luck the rest of the year.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YellowCreek
Back