Wyoming Antelope

sreekers

I had one day to get my antelope. In the process of moving to Gillette and graduating from college and life in general I decided it would be a great idea to apply for a tag north of Rock Springs my home town. There is a five hour drive and new jobs don't offer much time off, so I had about a 7 hour window shoot one. That said, I left last night, an hour late, headed down here, got here by midnight and was up hunting with Dad before daybreak.

I saw this guy at about 7:10 and had allready decided that the first buck that I saw that wasn't a dink was going down. Besides I have to maker sure the new .300 Weatherby Mag gets broken in this summer.

Well we cam around the curve in the road and I saw him with about 10 does. I kept driving cause I knew he was a shooter, and the whole jumping out of the vehicle hooting and hollering thing doesn't work too well. We parked two ridges farther down and I hiked around the hills to him. I walked up a saddle slowly and there he was standing on the next hill 75 yards away broadside. He was even nice enough to let me get prone. The rest is history. Only had to carry him 200 yards to the road too, easiest hunt that I have been on in years.

Tell you how mixed up my priorities have become, the first picture that I made sure that I uploades was with me in flip flops. Oh yeah, this was my first antelope too. Not too bad for an hour worth of hunting.:D

Attachments

• PICT0172.JPG
    PICT0172.JPG
    690.3 KB · Views: 100
  • PICT0165.JPG
    PICT0165.JPG
    906 KB · Views: 94
  • PICT0166.JPG
    PICT0166.JPG
    864.9 KB · Views: 77
  • PICT0168.JPG
    PICT0168.JPG
    905.1 KB · Views: 76
  • PICT0171.JPG
    PICT0171.JPG
    684.3 KB · Views: 78
Ignore the last pic, accidentally downloaded it. Promise I am not a freak trying to get weird pics on the net. That is my nephew and my Dad, he cried when he saw the dead antelope, gonna have to work on that.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJ1225
Back