PEAX Equipment

Wyoming Antelope Public Land. Hunting

Ronin75

I have accumulated some preference points so I am starting my research for next years Antelope hunting season in Wyoming. I have never been to this state so I'm asking for any impute on good public land areas to start my research. My wife will be with me to help spot so I have to be mindful of the difficulty factor. I appreciate any input, thanks

Wyoming has an excellent hunt planner on their website. It will show you maps of the areas, hunter success rates, and draw odds for different point levels. As a general rule areas in the central and western parts of the state will have better land access and give you a higher quality hunt, but they'll also take more preference points. As you move east, the units become much easier to draw but access can be a struggle. Good luck!

Look at the amount of WIA and HMA land there is in different counties. If it is pieces of 400-600 acres, forget it. Look for public access land upwards of 2000 acres. You can also look up the state trust land on a website and it will show you what state land is inaccessible...and see how much blm land the is: http://gis.statelands.wyo.gov/GIS/OSLIGIS/StateLandAccess/

Yep. Agreed. Don't hunt the 400-600 acre pieces. No animals there at all and overrun with hunters...........

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back