Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Wyoming Antelope Help!

RyanWood

I'm heading to North Dakota in mid October (17-22) to pick up my son from taxidermy school. On the way back home to Arizona I thought we might try and stop off in Wyoming for a quick antelope hunt.

There are several tags left over in Units 10, 102, 16, 17, 20, 22, 23 & 24 (Sheridan Area). Because I'm on a tight budget, does anyone know of any good public land areas in these units? Are they primarily just private land units. I'm not against paying a trespass fee on private land as long as it is reasonable and I can work it into my budget.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
If I remember correctly there are two game wardens in Gillette, one north of I 90 and one south. They can point you in the right direction for 17 and 23. The others you listed are almost entirely private in the areas that will have good numbers of pronghorn. If you have any contacts in these areas beg them for guidance on the landowner lists. If you can find one you trust it will be worth the 3 to 5 hundred bucks. The game wardens were great help for me on public but won't help a bit on private for liability reasons. I have heard of guys having success on small parcels of state land but usually the first few days of the season. After that they seem to know where the private land boundaries are. Good luck!

Thanks so much for the info. I'm gonna see if I can locate the game wardens in those two areas. Thanks again!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back