Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Wyoming 94 for 2022

Twodog

Looking at this unit for pronghorn for 2022. Non resident, how have the numbers been in this unit for the last few years? How is the public land access?

Yes and blue state land. I was trying to be helpful. I think people would rather have an exact parking spot and gps coordinates to the exact location of a 16 inch buck, but I think if someone pops in about public land access questions without looking at public land distributions on a map, that would be the best place to start.

But yeah, it may unintentionally have come off as smart a$$ish :)

Last edited:
The G&F website is a good place to start. After that, you will likely get the best information by contacting the biologist with the Wyoming Game and Fish office for the region you are interested in. They will have a broader base of experience with different units in the region than most of the people on this or other forums. They likely also have the most recent information on population status. Before the call, gather what information you can from the G&F website and maps and ask about several units.

Check out the job completion reports on the Wyoming website for herd reports. Then check out their hunt planner for detailed information on the unit in question. Both of your questions can be easily answered if you just put the time in and do the research.

Definitely not looking for exact coordinates to kill a pronghorn. I have onx, hard to tell if some of the blm land is blocked from access from private land. Not being able to put boots on the ground and no knowledge of the area was just looking for local info. Also was just wondering about herd population in the area?

Thanks fellas found a lot of good information. Looking at the maps and the checker board of private and blm is a bit confusing regarding access.

One more question, having a hard time finding out if some roads are public or private, what is a good resource to find that information?

One more question, having a hard time finding out if some roads are public or private, what is a good resource to find that information?
County Road and bridge Dept. Email the Super. and they will tell you which roads are in fact public, their maps may show roads that are graded for emergency purposes but are not in fact public roads. Email the Super. about specific roads.

Most the counties have maps online with the public roads marked. Often both a .pdf and an interactive GIS page can be found.

Thanks fellas found a lot of good information. Looking at the maps and the checker board of private and blm is a bit confusing regarding access.
I think we're in the same boat. I'm looking at unit 65 and 66. I think some of these regulars on here forget what it was like to be new. That's the kind of person I don't even respond to. Good luck!

With onx if a road is private, reach out to the owner ahead of time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back