Wyo Task Force - Nonres Comments!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's definitely not offensive that NRs can comment on this process... that's a ridiculous statement. But: While I understand the general sentiment coming from my fellow NRs, Wyoming is literally only moving to an allocation that matches basically everyone else (and still beats NM, OR, several others).

I mean not to gloss over the frustration some of you guys are feeling, but I think signaling an apocalypse over allocation changes as an NR is just as fractious and destructive as being an R who boasts an "FU, got mine" attitude.

Everybody needs to take a deeeeep breath here.
I don't understand the argument of wanting to be like neighboring states.
I have a neighbor 2 houses down the street. He's a lazy non working, welfare collecting pos. I've got no desire to be like him.

Well, fire up the family truckster and gethca one at wally mart.

Damn right I will, as WYG&F says is my right as a resident. And if I don't draw a leftover cow tag thousands of people on their vacation will have the same or better opportunity than I will to fill my freezer. But why am I telling you that? You don't care two shits about the people here or the fact that your vacation is our source of food. So long as you get to play Hemmingway or Teddy for a week.

Damn right I will, as WYG&F says is my right as a resident. And if I don't draw a leftover cow tag thousands of people on their vacation will have the same or better opportunity than I will to fill my freezer. But why am I telling you that? You don't care two shits about the people here or the fact that your vacation is our source of food. So long as you get to play Hemmingway or Teddy for a week.
Um, I'll be playing Custer for a week, thank you very much.

If I can't cosplay Hemingway in Wyoming by killing a horse for bear bait you can keep your 90% of the LQ tags - I don't even wanna go anymore

If I can't cosplay Hemingway in Wyoming by killing a horse for bear bait you can keep your 90% of the LQ tags - I don't even wanna go anymore

We gots bunches you can shoot and low odds you'll ever be caught.

I know the story, was just making a joke after all the fun everyone had in the Custer thread.

I know. Just joking here as well, so I'll add in my favorite somewhat Custer related joke of all time.

Exactly how residents feel reading some of these comments as well.
Yup I can imagine.

The reality is that the wildlife doesn’t belong to anyone. I think people tend to lose sight of that sometimes no matter what State they reside in.

I get your point but I take issue with the term vacation personally. Hunting is not my vacation.

My idea of a vacation is not doing much at all, being waited on hand and foot, etc.

That is definitely not what my hunts look like. Maybe I am doing it wrong.

Probably splitting hairs.

The only thing more self centered than a hunter, is a hunter that want's to keep all the new ones out.
:ROFLMAO:
riiiiiiiight........I am definitely self-centered then, because I for sure don't want an unlimited number of new hunters from Bend, Hippyville, Oregon hunting in my backyard here in MT.

Yup I can imagine.

The reality is that the wildlife doesn’t belong to anyone. I think people tend to lose sight of that sometimes no matter what State they reside in.
Its not about who owns the wildlife. Its that there is a way of life that many have had for decades that is being infiltrated like nuts in the last 5-10 years

If you don’t get that cow tag come to Tennessee for a week. We’ll let you shoot 3 whitetail does a day in over half the state. Happy freezer.

If you don’t get that cow tag come to Tennessee for a week. We’ll let you shoot 3 whitetail does a day in over half the state. Happy freezer.

Thanks, but I don't drive halfway across the country to fill my freezer. Plus, I might run into my brother-in-law's weird family.

This very well could be a possibility. But I would ask why is that a looming possibility?

So many NR hunters are becoming resident hunters. Also, more residents are becoming resident hunters, and more successful resident hunters. Thanks to: Randy Newberg, Rinella, Born and Raised, Hushin, Ryan Lampers, Brian Call, Remi Warren, Corey Jacobsen, The Eastmans, Bob Beck, Cam Hanes, Muley Freak, GoHunt, Taghub, OnX, basemaps, Mtn ops, and on and on.... These people have created a beast that cannot and will not be tamed, unless they decide to let off the throttle, or people quit supporting them. Most of these fellas have quit their jobs and are full-time influencers and make some decent dough from selling the hunting experience through entertainment, knowledge served on a silver platter, gear, and a brand.

Find me one hunter today who has not heard of or watched one of these fella's episodes. Find me one hunter who does not know of these brands or gear or subscriptions. These guys are the driving force behind the woods getting more clogged up and more opportunities being taken away from both the NR and Resident. I call, and will continue to call, Ponyshit on these guys caring much about anything other than their own opportunities to make money doing what we all love. Talking about what the RMEF has done for land access in one of your podcasts does not offset what problems you have helped create, and I would even argue that being involved with those issues is a wise business tactic to help promote your brand.

Its funny how much arguing is done about allocation of decreasing number of tags or animal herds, but no pressure is ever put on these "industry leaders" to keep their hunting to themselves and quit monetizing it. There is a direct correlation between these people and decreasing opportunities. Why do more people not make that connection? Why are there not more people sounding the alarm on that fact?? Is it because we hunters like the youtube entertainment too much? Do we need the product reviews? Because we rely on the easiness of gaining elk hunting tips and knowledge? I just don't understand...
If every influencer on your above list got a revelation that they had over-promoted western big game hunting and hastened the demise of the endeavor for everyone, came out and admitted as much, then QUIT…just as many up-and-coming influencers would replace them overnight and there would be no net change in the demand for NR tags and acceleration of human migration to become new residents of western states and squeeze the resource until it’s out of reach to everyone. The United States of Europe.

The cat is out of the bag, social media is here to stay, and the west becomes smaller every day. Sorry to burst your bubble, but your mission is dead in the water. Yeah it sucks but we all have to adapt to a rapidly devolving situation regarding our passion for NA big game hunting if we want to continue to enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jon_G
Back