WYO. Lope unit109

old man

Just bought leftover do tag for unit 109 which has very little public land. so wondering if any one here knows if it is possible to harvest one on what little public land there is.

Very tough access in that unit better see if you can find access to private land someway or another.

Just bought leftover do tag for unit 109 which has very little public land. so wondering if any one here knows if it is possible to harvest one on what little public land there is.

See my PM, as there is more than enough legally accessible land in that unit to kill a doe or three!

I have hunted over a dozen leftover tags in Wyoming for goats over the years, all with little public access. Had the 109 tag last year. That is the only unit I would never do again. Not what you go to Wyoming for.

so wondering if any one here knows if it is possible to harvest one on what little public land there is.

I killed a buck in 109 a few years ago. None of the public land in the unit has roads you can drive, so you will be walking into every area. I packed my buck out ~3 miles over some pretty interesting terrain. You can certainly kill a doe there, but you are going to work harder for it than you would on most WY pronghorn hunts.

Good luck!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back