Wyo General Tag Success

JLDemo

Archery season didn't pan out, had opportunities but due to my own demise it didn't work out. So work, life and antelope season prevented me from going back out but I had a spot in my back pocket that I figured no one would hunt or at least very few would traverse away from the easy hikes and hunts during rifle season. So I waited until late into the season to head back in, I'm glad I did. After a few miles I found myself alone and had vocal elk within range but no shot from first light all they way until a bull finally stepped down out of dark timber, still sounding off. He hit a clearing at around 180 yards and one shot from the old Savage 30-06 and it was done, he didn't go far. I finally made the switch to Nosler Accubonds and couldn't be happier, the 165 grain round did the job just fine. After I broke him down and the first load was in a cooler at the truck I knew I needed help. So I offered fellow HT'er JTM307 a case of beer and he gladly came out the next day to help finish the pack out. My 2018 Wyo General tag is done, public land and couldn't be happier. Now onto whitetails and in January I'll be chasing a cow/calf in another part of the state.

KIMG0965.jpg

KIMG0967.jpg

27721.jpg

27723.jpg

Great bull and congratulations. Enjoy your trophy and some good eating. Beautiful country.

Nicely done! Appreciate the pictures. I have never hunted elk or deer in MT so is on my bucket list to do a hunt up in the mountains there.

Way to go bud! That's one reason I don't leave the bugle at home the entire month of Oct!

ElkNut/Paul

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FelixMarvin
Back