Yeti GOBOX Collection

Wyo buying checkerboard sections

• Thread starter Deleted member 18333
  • Start date
Hopefully this one can make its way through. Hard telling if the state legislature will be willing to make that large of an investment...

any ideas on what the price range is for this type of land in Wyoming?

This would be huge... plus might be able to get if for a fire sale price is Oil and Gas prices and Oxy's stock are any indication.

1582049777473.png

Any increased access there would be welcomed. Lots of BLM to camp on as well.

You can currently access the Anadarko checkerboard.

well, that would be a point of contention with the landmen at oxy and would likely need some more context.

it's not legal to hunt anadarko/oxy land without permission. that's all that matters.

Get it started
500 million
I'd be surprised if it sold for more than 100 million.

The only big operators up there are EOG, DVN, and CHK. CHK isn't going to last very much longer, and I don't see either EOG or Devon making a big WY acquisition. Plus they would be interested only interested in the Powder, my sense is that this is the APC asset, so probably not much traction from those players. Possibly some DJ operators would be interested but I would think think they would just want the DJ assets.

I'm interested to learn more and see how it plays out.

1582056497344.png

I think we can muster up a 100 million from HTers and buy it. I got a c-note for the cause. 😁

It’ll be a heck of a deal. Even though I’m a damn non-resident I still kick in a few bucks for that.

Back