WY NR Elk Results Tomorrow- offical on WY F&G

My nephew drew a nice type-6 cow permit for his first elk hunt...and a couple friends pulled some good bull permits.

No love here. I am just buying the WY point for now. Buddy has 7 points now and with creep he is still several years away from this tag.

I am pretty sure it's just the tag gods saving our schedule space for a Gila Elk hunt and a Sheep tag :)

Congrats to those who drew!

All the cliché's for not drawing have already been used in this thread. What draw result is next? I need something to look forward to.

My son finally pulled a good elk tag in Wy,and I got a type 6 for his unit as well.Good day in the draws for us.He gets a sept rifle hunt starting on the 20th so it should be pretty awesome with rutting bulls.And if no luck then he can go back in January and still shoot a bull.We will be there a few days early bowhunting/scouting
Now to burn his antelope points while he's a Jr.Think we can both draw unit 73 antelope tags.Hope to be headed east after the hunt with and extra 500-600lbs of meat since we could do both hunts in one trip.Hes not picky so I doubt he lets any branch antler bull walk away.Best part is I still banked another point.Only about 4-5 more years for my unit of choice

Drew my cow tag and as an added bonus they pulled some tags out of my preferred bull unit so I know where I stand there.

Surprise Tag Reductions!!!

Was "Unsuccessful" for this year's WY. N.R. cow/calf elk draw. :mad: Hunted Area 104-6 last year, where 80 N.R. tags were issued.....40 then went into the "Left Over" draw; Area 102-6 had almost the same allocation of N.R. tags last year, as well. This year 104-6 had 15 tags issued and 102-6 had 16!!!!! Residents are in for a surprise, also!!!!

Another year thinking we were "geniuses" finding an "under-the-radar" hunt to apply for with less than max points; only to find out there were some smarter folks with 2 more points than we had.

My buddy and I applied for a type 9 tag. We had 5.5 and it took 6. Apparently we drew it in the random with 1:18 odds. Sooooo happy.

No love for me, but I can't complain too much, Wyoming has always been good to me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back