Yeti GOBOX Collection

WY hunter shoots self fighting off grizzly

Heard about a fisherman in Alaska a few years ago that shot off a toe with a 10mm. He was backing away and went over backwards and that brought his feet into the line of fire.

I’m not saying I don’t believe them but every raft guide, zip line guide, and side by side tour guide I have known or worked with had an amazing story or two that changed weekly. Makes the job more fun and exciting and really messes with people. You would be amazed with what people will believe.

When we were in kindergarten we had a naturalist from the state park do a class presentation for us. He was missing half a finger so of course most of the raised hands at question time were about the missing digit. He told us there's a snail with a sharp tooth that lives inside your nose, and if you stick your finger too far up the snail would bite it off. Nobody in my class ever picked their nose again...

Same guy taught me how to fly fish many years later and I asked him about how he really lost the finger, but I can't even recall the real story at this point...the snail story was way better anyway. 🤣

When we were in kindergarten we had a naturalist from the state park do a class presentation for us. He was missing half a finger so of course most of the raised hands at question time were about the missing digit. He told us there's a snail with a sharp tooth that lives inside your nose, and if you stick your finger too far up the snail would bite it off. Nobody in my class ever picked their nose again...

Same guy taught me how to fly fish many years later and I asked him about how he really lost the finger, but I can't even recall the real story at this point...the snail story was way better anyway. 🤣
My kid had a bad habit of holding his sneezes. I told him if he kept doing that his weiner would shoot off like a rocket. Told him that's what happened to his mom.
His sneezes could spell the end for the 3 little pigs now!

Neal! I loved that guy as a kid. I grew up camping at Lake Cachuma where he worked. My brother and I would go to all of Neal’s nature talks, but the only thing I can remember about any of them (besides the fact that he made me want to be a naturalist) is the snail story.

When I was in high school one of my classmates shot himself in the foot with a .22. The story was that he and a couple of other guys were out at night shooting black widows with .22s when one of the spiders ran at him as he was trying to shoot it. Now, I don't know if that was the whole story or even the real story but either way, I figured it told me all I needed to know about that guy.

My duck hunting partner had a real serious surgery earlier this year for what ended up being a large (about the size of a big pot roast) benign tumor growing inside him. Ended up with one hell of a scar similar in scale to a heart transplant.

Got a call months later and he said we needed to meet for beers. Asked him what was the occasion and he said that cuz the tumor wasn’t cancerous and because we needed to come up with the story for the scar for his grandkids. After waaaaay too many barley pops and a night of laughter we ended up with three stories; knife fight, shark attack, and alien abduction. Depending on the audience of course👍🏻

Back