WY General Elk - Who's In?

@wllm won't hunt with the likes of people that go in co unit 18.

so i'm just gonna have to stalk the both of you to find elk
The pink hat should make it easier to find them

@TOGIE and @MtnElk it's ok lots of people go through a ho phase and are seduced by the easy access of grand, routt and summit county. Inevitably they wake up one morning... tired as hell with nothing to show for their efforts and decide to find somewhere worth while to form a lasting relationship with.

This just makes me want to double down and try that damn unit again and find the only bull in the unit and kill him

Last edited by a moderator:
I am back to 0 after last years general tag...Sucks thinking I may have to wait 5-7 years to draw it again. Wyoming general elk hunting is like nothing I've ever experienced hunting elk in Montana for 13 years.

I am back to 0 after last years general tag...Sucks thinking I may have to wait 5-7 years to draw it again. Wyoming general elk hunting is like nothing I've ever experienced hunting elk in Montana for 13 years.
You might not be able to draw a general tag again if point holders get tired of paying/waiting for LE tags and start taking the general tag off ramp.

did you not go back for rifle
Just a couple days in a different part of the state near a friends place. Didn’t put that much effort into rifle, honestly. For me personally, I treated this as primarily an archery tag.

So, between family stuff, an already full freezer from nephews archery bull, later tags in CO and mostly, a bird dog in his prime that was flabbergasted when I left him at home for most of a month, I went up to SD the last days of the season instead.

With ‘kids’ in the family now firmly in their Elk hunting mode, I don’t really get too into rifle hunting myself any more.

I definitely need to be putting in and have the points. But have an Idaho general, and real expectation of drawing Utah elk.

Burned my points in 2020 so I'm not even close to being back in the game in the max points pool, I'll keep trying for mid level LE tag in the random until I'm in the ballpark of a general tag... I suspect you might find a WY general tag to be a bit better than that unit 18 tag... like 20x better...

An upcoming deployment just derailed my entire fall, so I'll be sitting out this year for elk and mule deer.

I do hope to draw at least one antelope tag in Wyo and hunt early. If it's a no go on antelope, I'll educate the whitetail on what a muzzleloader whiff sounds like.

Good luck on the draw!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTOG
Back