Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

WY General Elk - Who's In?

TOGIE

Good grief, just dropped my ~800 bones for a General Elk app + Archery Permit.

Weird, I'm still holding an open season elk license too.

Finally throwing in for it and for some reason never really imagined doing that.

Time to learn how to use my bow too.

Still trying to make up my mind between the general or a limited entry unit. Burned my points last year so the random is my only hope. The random odds are better for the general then the limited unit but not by much and I know the area.

it's just weird and feels hard to rationalize putting all that money on general elk tag when i have so many great options available for 50 bucks here at home, especially at 3 points.
I had it last year and while I didn't take a bull it was a wonderful archery hunt. I ran into 1 other hunter off the roads in 16 days of hunting (lost first half of season due to an injury while scouting up there that sidelined me and generated a nice Urgent Care bill in Laramie). Called in several small bulls, was nearly run over by a spike and had encounters with a couple big boys. Ended up spending a significant amount of time on 1 large bull that was just in a challenging spot and wouldn't play nicely after the 20th.

For me it was well worth the additional $700ish for one year. I was also closer to home than my normal CO unit :) I'd love to be able to do it every 5 years, will see how that shakes out, but it looks unlikely.

Except for dodging moose all day every day. That frazzled my nerves to no end (especially needing to cross meadows at dawn and dusk that were full of the things, up to and including within 10 yards of my truck at night walking out). I carried bear spray the last few days just for them.

Good luck!

Back