WY Evidence of Sex Laws

EastTNHunter

If a hunter is issued an “any antelope” tag, is evidence of sex required? Page 13 of the regulations guide makes it seem that this requirement only exists if the take of the animal is restricted to one sex or the other. Makes a difference on how I would quarter and pack out the animal, and I’m not used to this requirement in my state in reference to anything other than antlers

Attachments

• 8D381B30-B3D3-408E-9786-5844E2DFCAF8.png
    8D381B30-B3D3-408E-9786-5844E2DFCAF8.png
    812.4 KB · Views: 25
A number of years ago a warden stopped to check my son and me with our antelope and I asked him the same question. He indicated that evident of sex is not required with an “any antelope” tag. It makes logical sense to me. I seriously doubt their attitude has changed but I’ve been wrong before. Maybe a call to local warden would clear that up for your area.

WY isn't as ridiculous as some states. Just have to have any sex organ, head, or antlers/horns with the meat. Specifically do not need evidence of sex for any sex tag.

If you fill the either sex tag with a buck, you will most likely keep the head or pack out the horns at least. That's more than enough and it is proof of species too.

I know we are in the pronghorn page, but for deer they can be species specific and buck only for mulie, either for whitetail

Make sure ya know.

I have been ask for proof of sex for antelope doe/fawn tag, after all the meat was processed and frozen in a freezer, packed away tight in the truck.
I still had the udders in a zip lock.
Had an awful time digging them out though.
I thought I read somewhere in the Wyoming regs that proof of sex wasn't required after the meat was processed.
Couldn't find it when I looked for it later though.

I thought I read somewhere in the Wyoming regs that proof of sex wasn't required after the meat was processed.
See post #1. Was it commercially processed or by you?

Processed by me. Ground up, bagged, and steaks wrapped in freezer paper.
Certainly never saw any rule that differentiate diy or commercial processed.
Lucky I still had proof.
I will always keep proof of sex in the future.

I have been ask for proof of sex for antelope doe/fawn tag, after all the meat was processed and frozen in a freezer, packed away tight in the truck.
I still had the udders in a zip lock.
Had an awful time digging them out though.

In the cooler? Still applies until you get it home.

"shall comply with this section while said animal is in transportation from the site of the kill to the residence of the person taking the animal, or delivered to a processor for processing."

I take no chances, i always leave external organs and tail still attached on one of the hind legs. Single glance they have species and sex no head required.
Thats just me, im paranoid

Back