WY Bison

Awesome! Did you use an outfitter?

I did. It's the first outfitted hunt I've ever done. I did 5 days solo and 7 days with the outfitter. You could definitely hunt them solo, but getting one out would be challenging to say the least. On this hunt you are paying for the outfitters packing abilities more than anything. The 5 days I hunted solo were in August when the outfitters weren't really booked with other stuff and finding someone to get one out wasn't too difficult. Once September hits finding someone is tough. All things considered this was quite possibly the coolest hunt I've ever done.

I was waiting for your posting, dont be modest you earned that big SOB. Those scouting trips and all the miles even before season started, just glad the chance presented itself as its been a tough year for bison. Jason's up next! Cant wait to compare all the mounts! Lol

I was waiting for your posting, dont be modest you earned that big SOB. Those scouting trips and all the miles even before season started, just glad the chance presented itself as its been a tough year for bison. Jason's up next! Cant wait to compare all the mounts! Lol
Thanks Chris. I'm really looking forward to hearing from Jason that he's got one down too. Everything I've heard says this has definitely been a tougher year.

Awesome. Congrats. Although I would probably love to shoot one of them, It’s really not on my bucket list. Probably should be. My wife on the other hand would absolutely love to get one. In fact it tops her bucket list. Great job.

Awesome. Congrats. Although I would probably love to shoot one of them, It’s really not on my bucket list. Probably should be. My wife on the other hand would absolutely love to get one. In fact it tops her bucket list. Great job.
It wasn't really high on my bucket list either, in large part because the opportunities are so limited. Knowing what I know now, it would have been much higher on my list. My wife is a lot like yours and I think this has her pretty motivated to apply next year.

Moyle will tan that hide for a really decent price and they do a great job, you'll have to flesh and salt it though.

Congrats I heard a few moved onto the NER this week too.

COngrats! That's gotta be a truly surreal experience to walk up on a bison!

Moyle will tan that hide for a really decent price and they do a great job, you'll have to flesh and salt it though.

Congrats I heard a few moved onto the NER this week too.
Hey Wytex would you mind sending me a private message if you get some time? I have a question for ya regarding the bison. Thanks man I appreciate your time.

Hey Wytex would you mind sending me a private message if you get some time? I have a question for ya regarding the bison. Thanks man I appreciate your time.
Looks like you need more posts to get a pm.
Make some comments and posts and I'll try again.
Otherwise just ask on here, I'll answer unless it is sensitive info you need, lol.

We have 3 bison tanned by Moyle, they do good work.

Looks like you need more posts to get a pm.
Make some comments and posts and I'll try again.
Otherwise just ask on here, I'll answer unless it is sensitive info you need, lol.

We have 3 bison tanned by Moyle, they do good work.
Copy that. I just wanted to talk a bit about the bison over there in Jackson. I have a bull tag and have been pulling my hair out trying to find some resources. From what I’ve gathered you are extremely knowledgeable about the area. I scouted this summer and hunted some early. Now I’m waiting for weather but prior to this I was really hoping to catch up to one on the Forest (did not happen). Would you mind giving me a call or text so we can chat? I would really appreciate that if you get some time. Thanks again.

Dan 970-371-6739
Don’t let the 970 number get ya Ive lived in WY a long time now lol! Thanks man.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back