WY Bison

amo16

It looks like I was extremely fortunate to draw a NR WY bull bison tag. Now what? Obviously not many people have experience with this since it's OIL, but any pointers? I'm anticipating it could be a lot of waiting for the weather to push animals out of the park.

Thanks,

Adam20210503_143717.jpg

I've heard good things about Tag N Drag

Everything I know of the area says they're a good option as a packer or guide. I'll probably do DIY, but will likely use them or another packing service if I'm successful. I've got llamas, but a buffalo is in a different category than elk.

Seems a couple of us were lucky enough to draw this tag. If anyone wants to exchange contact info and work together to fill these lets start the pm's! Dam i am excited
That sounds great. I don't live terribly far from the unit so I'll try to make at least 2 or 3 scouting trips down there. I've also been using some other channels to get some Intel and have received a good bit already.

That sounds great. I don't live terribly far from the unit so I'll try to make at least 2 or 3 scouting trips down there. I've also been using some other channels to get some Intel and have received a good bit already.
Same, got some intel but i am planning on A LOT of scouting. Only do this once want to do it right!

I finally drew a unit 2 type 1 tag after 10 years of putting in. I know success rates are down compared to pre-2018 years but I will play the hand dealt.

Like the other successful folks I’ve been doing a ton of research. I would love to talk to others that drew the tag and maybe share some intel and knowledge. Try to work together to increase our chances.

thanks

Same, got some intel but i am planning on A LOT of scouting. Only do this once want to do it right!
I also drew the tag and would love to share some info. I have some Forest Service connections in the area and have been talking to past folks that have harvested animals. Like you I see this as a one chance opportunity so plan on putting my time in.

First scout, did a road exploration and glassing of edge of hunt area i never been but thought might be promising...nothing! But this guy was about a mile away just inside 05-19-2021-09-44-05.jpgpark so i felt little better. Didnt expect much if anything this early, after spring bear ( &other draws) i am going to become one with the bison!

Just so you know, if you harvest a cow bison on the any bison tag you are eligible for another any bison tag the next year, you can apply again. You do however have to wait 5 years to apply for a cow tag. While a bull bison is OIL, cows are not.

If you can find a contact in the area that would let you know when bison cross the line that would be a huge advantage. My buddy had the tag a couple years ago and after 5-6 failed trips he finally got a call one evening that some had crossed. Packed up that night and shot one the next morning. This was the last week of the hunting season.

The folks at the WG&F office in Jackson will call if you give them your number.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back