WY Area 60

Nice. One things for sure you'll have the place to yourself, like way over 1000 square miles of antelope country. I'd say your chances of running into another hunter is about right about up there with running into Sydney Sweeney sunbathing. Maybe wait a couple more weeks to make sure they're in just gigantic groups so you can pick out big ones easy.
 
Haha Thank you. I was planning on going the 13 which would be my next opportunity with work. They are calling for heavy rainfall on the 11th and 12th so I don’t know if I want to deal with those roads. I may have to wait til the 18th. I will probly focus on the northern part of the area since that’s closer to me.
 
Have you been in there and got familiar with places and roads? That usually takes me a good week or more in a unit a quarter the size of 60. Not kidding though, if you're going to skip scouting all together, going late will be good due to them grouping up. They'll have some busted up horns, they're already pretty busted up here in MT. I'm going to be looking forward to hearing how you do. Good luck.
 
Don’t tempt it if it’s wet.
That’s what I was thinking. I do have my Ranger, but area 60 is so far from any paved rd unless I go down to I-80. Being from Riverton I’d rather start in the northern end of the area.
 
Have you been in there and got familiar with places and roads? That usually takes me a good week or more in a unit a quarter the size of 60. Not kidding though, if you're going to skip scouting all together, going late will be good due to them grouping up. They'll have some busted up horns, they're already pretty busted up here in MT. I'm going to be looking forward to hearing how you do. Good luck.
I will be sure to report back!
 
Have you been in there and got familiar with places and roads? That usually takes me a good week or more in a unit a quarter the size of 60. Not kidding though, if you're going to skip scouting all together, going late will be good due to them grouping up. They'll have some busted up horns, they're already pretty busted up here in MT. I'm going to be looking forward to hearing how you do. Good luck.
And no I live close but to be honest I’ve never hunted the red desert. This is the first time I’ve had a tag out there. I’ve driven by there plenty of times over South Pass but that’s the extent of it. I know I will be able to fill the tag but I’d like to find a good one.
 
There are plenty to choose from out there. I would look on the south east side of continental peak. The spring starts there. Always a good spot. Takes about 20 minutes to walk.
 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
120,152
Messages
2,251,412
Members
39,103
Latest member
s bic
Back
Top