Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I’m assuming you’ve been pounding around in there all summer looking at them, right?Does anyone have experience in area 60 in the Red Desert? Getting excited for my hunt next week!
Of course he has, otherwise it would be indecent to ask what he's asking.I’m assuming you’ve been pounding around in there all summer looking at them, right?
Nope. Been too busy hunting elk.Of course he has, otherwise it would be indecent to ask what he's asking.
No not too terribly far away.
It opened Sep 19thYou must have one hell of an elk permit? You live close and have never been there? Seasons been open like 30 days, right? I must be missing something.
That’s what I was thinking. I do have my Ranger, but area 60 is so far from any paved rd unless I go down to I-80. Being from Riverton I’d rather start in the northern end of the area.Don’t tempt it if it’s wet.
I will be sure to report back!Have you been in there and got familiar with places and roads? That usually takes me a good week or more in a unit a quarter the size of 60. Not kidding though, if you're going to skip scouting all together, going late will be good due to them grouping up. They'll have some busted up horns, they're already pretty busted up here in MT. I'm going to be looking forward to hearing how you do. Good luck.
And no I live close but to be honest I’ve never hunted the red desert. This is the first time I’ve had a tag out there. I’ve driven by there plenty of times over South Pass but that’s the extent of it. I know I will be able to fill the tag but I’d like to find a good one.Have you been in there and got familiar with places and roads? That usually takes me a good week or more in a unit a quarter the size of 60. Not kidding though, if you're going to skip scouting all together, going late will be good due to them grouping up. They'll have some busted up horns, they're already pretty busted up here in MT. I'm going to be looking forward to hearing how you do. Good luck.